“Worst Motel of this decade”

Super 8 Martinsburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Dale C, Manager at Super 8 Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the worse place I have ever stayed in. We arrived here to notice to begin with the outside of the building should of knew from that, but didn't. Came into the lobby to find very small out dated area,dirty. Told them we had our pet with us so we got put on the bottom floor. our friends were placed on the second floor. No elevators,have to carry luggage up steps. So poor person that gets third floor. We arrived in our room to find the hallwy carpet is very dirty,room oh my,it was filthy.First the lights falling ff the wall,there were stink bugs in the room,screen falling out the window,window open, dust and dirt. The bathroom had soap scum on the sink were the soap had laid,shower had scum in the tub. Carper dirty. I went and complained to the front desk and they gave me the room beside the other one. Well,it stunk,air conditioning is so dirty that when turn it on it smells horrible,the vent in the bathroom has so much dirt on it it can't even do the job it is suppose too. I actually went and bought cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom and disinfect our room. Never in my life again. In the process my husband ended up with bug bites on his back. I just hope we dont drag anything home and your probably thinking why did we stay and not leave well there is a sign that says; NO REFUNDS!!!!!So please never stay at this hotel on your travels. Breakfast is terrible you get stale cereal with awlful coffee also.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!! October 5-8 2012
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stay away! The lobby is unclean, the room was unclean,, the whole motel seemed unclean upon a closer look but we had already checked in and rooms were not easy to find. We checked the bed for bugs but forgot to check the foot end and that's where they were; I got many bites on one leg and foot but didn't realize it until hours the next day and we were many miles down the road.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank drdlchristian
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms smell funky... They are not clean, and I still felt like I could not touch anything after wiping everything down with sanitizing wipes. Used Wyndham points to stay here for 2 free days, and I still feel like I over paid for the room. Wyndham should be embarrassed to be affiliated with this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here on trip from SC to PA for 1 night. Close to I-81 and allows pets, but not good experience at all. Bathtub was not clean, sheets had burn holes and smelled. Slept on top of bed spread with our own blankets. Should have spent $25-30 more and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark I
Reviewed June 6, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 2, 2012

thought i could get away for the weekend and relax the room stunk well the whole place stunk the breakfast area was dirty the breakfasr ceral was very stale the breakfast area windows need to be cleaned the whole place was dark diry the beds were to hard and of course loud neighbors should have read reviews before booking the shower curtain rod was not attached to the wall the whole place needed some maintainence the coffee was terrible the pot was probly never washed out very disspointed with the whole expierence will never stay at anouther super 8 again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Motel 6 Martinsburg
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
#2 of 14 in Martinsburg

Been to Super 8 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!