“Adequate but not much of a breakfast”

Knights Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Longmont
“Adequate but not much of a breakfast”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The motel was a bit dated and cleanliness was not perfect, but adequate. I love being able to park my car right outside the room. That makes loading and unloading the car easy. The room was OK, the bed was comfortable. TV was somewhat limited.

The price was very economical, but the breakfast was very minimal. There was coffee and miniature doughnuts and some simple rolls. That's all!

Staff was friendly, but we ended up going out for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I thought this place was just fine for the price. Only two downsides were 1) no 'continental breakfase'; only some mini muffins and coffee, and 2) no shampoo in the room. When I asked at the desk I was told "We have them here, and next month we will have new purchasing contracts and have enough to have them in the rooms." The room was immaculate, and the staff (seemed to be a family) very helpful and nice. Very conveniently located and just want I want for an inexpensive one night rest stop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

wv
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here 2 years ago and they have went down hill since my last stay :( The carpet is filthy it don't need cleaned it needs replaced and the chair was past its prime as well. I had a double bed room this time and both beds were wore out ! I did stay a second night but moved rooms :) next review

Room Tip: Ask for a 200 numbered room with a king size bed ! Way better room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Martinsburg hotels

Emmaus
Reviewed May 27, 2013

OK, the Knights Inn name does not conjure up images of luxury. In the past we stayed at one only when it was the only dog-friendly place in town, but this one was certainly way better than the others. It was clean and cosy. The beds were a bit too hard for my bad back, but they were probably OK for most people. And the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nyack, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's not the Waldorf, but the rate, especially with AAA discount is wonderful. The rooms haven't been updated...retro ugly bedspreads & curtains, but CLEAN! They're pet friendly, too, even tho' we weren't traveling with our dog this time. Super polite & considerate front desk. Would definitely return for a great bargain. And we'd love to see what comes up in the small "garden" that's been planted outside the laundry room!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked through Expedia and when I arrived the next day, everything was right on track! I stayed for the night. The room was clean and comfortable (even the rock hard bed). There was a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and DirecTV. The double room was very large and could easily accommodate a family of four.

My only complaint - and I don't know if this was a fluke or not - there was no travel size shampoo and/or conditioner. Just two bars of soap. But for $70 for the night, I didn't really care.

Also, they advertise free breakfast. Well the breakfast consists of pastries and coffee.

The location is great...an easy on/off for 81. So you have access to different parts of Martinsburg as well as close proximity to the VA line.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Customer service was horrible, room was cancelled before we arrived for the first night of stay (no reason given), my husband was given a hard time for second night because my name was on reservation. When I called to get details and change name, indian man whom I assume was owner hung up on me before I could even give any info. Girl at front desk was rude. No helpful people in the establishment at all.

Would not recommend to anyone, if there is a problem you cannot get it handled in a professional manner. I had to wait until next morning and handle it with Wyndham Rewards and Knights Inn customer care.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Becki B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Motel 6 Martinsburg
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!