“Decent old-style park-in-front-of-your-room motor court”

Knights Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Decent old-style park-in-front-of-your-room motor court”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

No complaints. A bit shabby but clean -- and quiet -- old-style park-in-front-of-your-room motor court. Doesn't cost much and you get what you pay for. Staff is friendly and helpful, but free breakfast could be better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lusby, Md
Reviewed May 28, 2011

The outside of this hotel is nicely landscaped (and w/in walking distance to a few restaurants) however, the rooms could use a complete over haul!! The beds are uncomfortable, there is musky odor in the rooms. There is a large gap from the bathroom door and it's frame. The door locks but, you can sneak a peek at someone. The sink and countertop are new and lovely. The worse was the carpet!! Definitely wear socks, shoes, sandals on the floor. My son walked barefooted on the carpet and the bottoms of his feet were black.
Now for all the great points of this hotel. Our room over looked a farm. My kids absolutely loved looking out the windows to see what the cows were doing. It is totally near shops, food and historical buildings, towns. Rooms do have microwaves and mini fridges. Couldn't beat the price (especially in the economy) w/ bringing our dog and 2 children. The staff is awesome! Whenever we needed something they had it!!
This hotel is not for the hoity toity. It is perfect for people/families that think of a hotel as just a place to sleep at night and get a shower. Despite all the negatives, my family and I would come back to this hotel cause of price and location!!

Room Tip: Room 217. View of farm away from hwy
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank daniii8
Marion, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Traveling with 2 small dogs, our hotel options are limited. Knights Inn was clean, but had stink bugs in the room. Our refridgerator was not working, and was told that it was on defrost cycle. But was still not working the next morning. Room was clean, no bed bugs, and the beds were actually comfortable. Restaurant options are limited in the area. Hotel staff was very friendly. Price was exceptionally reasonable. Even the Wendy's we ate at had stink bugs crawling around in the restaurant!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed at this motel on October 8, 2010 with my mother and her dog. It is a very small motel and the price for 2 queen beds w/a senior discount including tax was $50. There was a $10 charge for the dog. The room was very no frills. It was basically clean. The bed was ok (we slept decently, although we were very tired from being stuck in traffic). The bathroom fixtures were updated, The room came with a continental breakfast which included coffee, juice and mini donuts. We ate at a waffle house down the road. There is a Dunkin' Donuts just down the road as well. Would I stay there again? If I was short on money I would but I would prefer something a little nicer.

• Stayed October 2010
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Stayed here for a Marathon I was running in Shepherdstown. The staff was very friendly. It is a very inexpensive, no frills hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. There was plenty of hot water. There was a mini-fridge and microwave and TV in the room. I asked for a Non-smoking room and that is exactly what I got. I did not detect any odor of smoke in my room. It was very fresh and clean smelling. I will definitely stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
fayette, ms
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I have stayed at this motel twice and enjoyed it both times. This time, I had my husband and my cat with me. My son lives in Martinsburg and he came over to visit, and he and my husband were on the laptop for hours happily surfing and playing games. We had a wonderful three nights of sleep there and the place was spotless. I had one nighters staying next door each night and I spotted the cleaning people removing the bedspread to launder it after each stay. Remarkable for a $60 a night motel. My only disappointment was the weak coffee and meager continental breakfast. But everything else was tops. Run out for your own coffee, there a Sheetz just down the road.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2010

If all you need is a place to sleep than this is an okay place. Everything is no frills, but it is convenient to the highway and has a good price. I stay here a couple times a year when I just need a place to sleep and be able to do a bit of computer work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Motel 6 Martinsburg
Holiday Inn Martinsburg
Holiday Inn Martinsburg
#5 of 14 in Martinsburg
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!