“Good value for a Decent Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Aikens Center

Comfort Inn Aikens Center
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good value for a Decent Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Comfort Inn in Martinsburg is a good distance from Harper's Ferry & Charles Town Race Track, which is where we went for entertainment.

The room was spacious and the bed was huge, but the bed felt as if there was a filmy layer on it. We had two rooms for the family and one shower backed up and wouldn't drain properly, but the shower for the other room was fine. There's a microwave and refrigerator which is nice as these are not standard parts of hotels these days. We had a problem with the phone ringing every morning at exactly 5:56 am. I believe there was some sort of alarm system in place, but we didn't realize this until the second night when we were already going to leave.

The service at the front desk was very good. The man who was there at nights was particularly pleasant and helpful with food choices in the area. There's also breakfast in the mornings at the inn.

Overall, good value for the amount of money spent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our room was spacious, clean and the furniture in good condition. There was a large, flat panel TV with good reception and a lot of channels. I liked the bathroom because it was totally closed off from the res of the room and the sink counter was the entire length of the room. The bathroom lighting was great. Only complaint is that didn't have a vent, which I think is needed.

This motel is on a fairly busy highway, near the interstate.I was happily surprised at how quiet it was inside the room. I slept great, due to lack of noise and the comfortable mattress with good quality linens and lots of pillows.

The breakfast was very good. Hot eggs, sausage one day and bacon the next, 3 kinds of fresh fruit, along with the usual pastries, breads, juices, cereals, etc. There was also hard boiled eggs and yogurt. Although the coffee was good, there was no non-dairy creamer, a must IMO.

All employees we spoke with were very nice and knowledgeable. A special Thank You to Barbara at the front desk, who was very helpful in getting us the room we wanted at the right price.

It was nice to have two restaurants very close to the motel.

Room Tip: Martinsburg and Berkley County are great for geocaching.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Coming back from North Carolina, we took the scenic route back to New England rather than 95. We ended up in West Virginia, and stayed the night so we could recover.

Pros:
* Right near the highway
*nice looking lobby

Cons:
*Bathroom looked like it was cleaned with a human hair mop
*Hair in beds, uncomfortable
*Pool filled with dead bugs, no pool cleaner seen
*elevator rusty and nearly broken down.
*crumbs everywhere

So, in short, we left at four am because we didn't want another minute. Don't go here if you like clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank RyanTravels24
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent the weekend here while visiting places and friends in the area. Have stayed here since 2001 and never am disappointed. Great price, clean hotel and nice staff. Heard they were going to be starting some renovations . Cant wait to see them. I hope they would consider putting in an indoor pool or hot tub. Tara at the front desk has greeted us the last two times and she is so nice to the guests. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and continental breakfast was good as always! The elevator could be a little faster but otherwise I cant complain. You also get a 10% discount at a few different nearby restaurants which you can walk to from the hotel. They also have an outdoor pool.
Thanks again for a great stay and hope to see you later in the year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rindge, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My nephew an I stayed here during a long road trip. If I could do it over I would have driven a few miles into Maryland and stayed there. This hotel is a disgrace to all Comfort Inn's! The only positive was the staff. They were very kind and understanding. Once I opened the room door, I immediately noticed there were stains up the walls that looked like faded fruit punch. The floor had obviously not been vacuumed in the room and the floor was even dirtier in the bathroom. There were actual pieces of food. The bathroom floor and tub looked like it had been cleaned with a human hair mop. Long black hairs were everywhere. The counter was equally as disgusting. I carry Clorox wipes and paper towel to do a sweep over the bathroom surfaces, remote, and light fixtures every time I stay anywhere. I cleaned what I could, laid a towel down on the floor and told my nephew not to put anything on the floor. I did check the bedding and it was clean. I immediately went down to the lobby to explain that it was not a very clean room. The staff was understanding and offered to switch my room, but I was too worried that the bedding may be gross elsewhere and I was exhausted from the drive. My nephew and I decided we would go to the pool and get out of the gross room. But the pool was filled with dead beetles and we both couldn't swim in that. So we decided to go to bed at 9 and get the heck out of there by 5AM. I complained again at check-out. No one offered any kind of reimbursement. I really would recommend that the hotel close down, get renovated, and change there name. This is not your typical Comfort Inn. I would not stay here even if you are exhausted, broke, or desperate. The owner should be ashamed and I would have liked a refund.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle F
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this was not a case of you get what you pay for. I paid 80 for a room . I really figured there had to be something wrong ! Maybe the rate was good to compete with the low end hotels close by. The check in was smooth! The first negative was the elevator was slow . But the place was great! So I get to the room much larger than I expected ! This was a room you could use for extended stay . Bathroom clean , bed clean , comfortable . Room very large ! Breakfast was great ! The eggs were excellent , not runny and watery like normal at a hotel ! The second small negative , was the seating for the breakfast area small! If you had a group seating would be an issue ! Overall this was an excellent stay and highly recommend !

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank IsupportRonPaul
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I live in the area, but used this hotel to stay in the night before my wedding and also the night of with my new husband. I also reserved a block of rooms for guests who came from out of town. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. They handed out information packets that I had made up to my wedding guests as they checked in. Rooms were very clean and nice, although a little outdated. Continental breakfast was the normal. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Martinsburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville
4.0 of 5 stars 76 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Aikens Center? Share your experiences!