New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Inn Aikens Center

Comfort Inn Aikens Center
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Good value for overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

agree w Tracylee59's review. My next night at a CI in CT was less pleasant but pushed up my rating of this place. For an overnight stay we got our money's worth. The breakfast selection and having a helpful attendant there worked well for us. They could use more seating in the common area. The staff was attentive.

Room Tip: only one elevator ... its slow.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GTZNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I would rate this motel as a two star property. The common areas are nice looking and modern. The rooms are clean, but out dated and unattractive. The room did include a micro,fridge and flat screen tv.The mattress was hard. The free breakfast was average, but included scrambled eggs and sausages, which was not bad and appreciated. This place was okay for a night if the price is right.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We fled the Comfort Inn in Shepherdstown, WV (just 10 miles from here) to this location. This particular location is larger, cleaner, and well appointed with a big, clean breakfast area. Due to a snafu in our booking at the Shepherdstown, WV site, we stayed at the one in Martinsburg instead. Taylar & Phil greeted us at the front desk and were both friendly and solicitous after we explained what happened. Phil contacted the other location to make sure we got a cancellation number. I believe that they gave us an upgraded room to make up for our experience; we were pleasantly surprised to walk in to a very large room with a two person whirlpool tub. The price was a very reasonable $106 per night. They offered a hot breakfast from 6 am to 10 am. We slept in late, so didn't get the chance to take advantage of it. I would recommend this place over the one in Shepherdstown - they're only 10 miles apart, and a world of difference in customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gutterflower T
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed there several times, but probably won't go back. The hotel itself is great and the staff helpful. However, omid-week they get a lot of construction crews staying there and they all get up somewhat early. On more than one occasion, I was awakened around 6 AM and was unable to get back to sleep because of the incessant, loud noise of room doors closing. If not for the noise, I'd give the hotel at least 4 out of 5, but because of it, I can't offer more than 2 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed there this weekend and I really enjoyed it. The price was ery reasonable. Everything was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The matress was firm which I like but the pillows were a little soft for my tastes, though. It was right off a main road with plenty of restaraunts close by; three withing walking distance. A couple of them gave you a discount if you showed your key card. The breakfast had do-it yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy as well as the standard cold stuff. The water presure in the shower was fine with lots of hot water. Every room had a refrigerator and microwave. My only complant is that some freezing rain came thru while I was there and the parking lot was never salted. Things may be different in the Summer busy season, but I'd definately stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed at this property with a group of co-workers. The rooms were booked by our company and we received a corporate rate so I'm unsure of the regular rate.
I unfortunately did not get to choose my room and ended up with 2 double beds.

~Convenient location off I-81. Choice of restaurants in the vicinity.
~ Breakfast choices include hot waffles, eggs, cold cereal, toast, muffins, coffee, juices.
~ The room appearance overall was in need of modern updates. Clean, but outdated.
~ Bed was rather uncomfortable but this may be due to sleeping in such a small bed.
~ Bathroom had plenty of towels. The shower head was old and didn't have great water pressure. Water did stay hot. Hair dryer worked fine.
~ Room had microwave & mini-fridge.
~ Free Wifi - but mine kept disconnecting. There seemed to be a router on every floor to connect to which I find unusual in my travels.
~ Flat screen TV worked fine.
~ Multiple floors - inner corridors

There was a fitness room but I did not use so can't comment on.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ginabuchanan
Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I actually meant to stay at another property 5 miles down the highway but once I got here, I decided to stay. The staff at the front desk could not have been more pleasant and welcoming. The room while getting close to needing updating, was clean and everything worked and the neighborhood felt safe.

There are lots of restaurant choices within a moments drive from here as well.

Well worth the money I spent tonight and while I am a bit of a spoiled traveler, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
4.0 of 5 stars 255 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Aikens Center? Share your experiences!