WINNER WONDERLAND

“Nice, affordable, average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carefree Inn

Carefree Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
“Nice, affordable, average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This was a very affordable & decent hotel. The rooms have doors to the outside & to the hallway. Rooms are large. Two queen beds & table with two chairs. There is a fridge & microwave in room. Pool is cold for an indoor pool, but nice. The hot tub is an older model, but nice. The pool is open 10-10pm. The pool area is nice, but needs more light. The staff were friendly. The breakfast is minor. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Confluence, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at if you are on buisness, or are traveling for pleasure. They have a very nice indoor pool and jacuzi. The restaurant and bar on the property serve good food and drinks. The staff at the hotel are very friendly. They always smiled at me. The only downside was the doors to some of the rooms needed to be painted because of blackmarks, and their directory needs to be updated. I certainly wood continue to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bluefield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a budget hotel, but it is kept extremely well. The staff is very friendly.
Everything in the room worked properly and the shower pressure was good.
The only negative comment I could make is that the beds were just too firm
for my liking. The breakfast in the morning consisted of donuts, waffles, oranges,
cereals and English muffins.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The motel was clean, the lobby was beatiful, the pool was great very clean, as was the hot tub! We got a smoking room with 2 queen size beds, didnt even smell like smoke when we got there! The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, bathroom was also very clean, and i must say, the staff was wonderful,
I loved it will definetly stay again soon!
Thank you Rodeway inn for such a great staff and motel!

Room Tip: Lower level rooms easy acess to pool and pool side rooms available!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tonawanda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great place for the $$. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. We have been staying there at least twice a year in our trips north from Florida. Don't even look any where else. Debbie at the front desk is awesome!!

• Stayed August 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I loved it here the pool was cold but it was very hot out so that helped and the bar which makes food is great the best food ever eat in ur room or at the bar either way this is a good place

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia C
Saylorsburg, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

The Holiday Inn, it is not. You *may* need to lower your standards when staying here...

The accomodations were sufficient, yes... but it was not the most comfortable stay. Between the stiff mattress and lumpy pillows, and the musty old furniture... and when we first arrived, I pulled back the comforter to be greeted by a spider running across the sheets. I am not so prissy to give much thought to that though, even the neatest home gets a spider now and then. But the quality of the linens/towels was fairly low... and in fact, they need to be replaced. There were a few dark stains on the side of the mattress/boxspring. Probably a spilled beverage *fingers crossed*.

The bathroom fan was so quiet, at first I didn't even know it was on. The shower head was affixed to the wall at a height equal to about the back of my head, so when turned on, the water hit me in the chest... had to assume a limbo position to rinse my hair... I don't recall how the water pressure was, but there was plenty of hot water.

The large picture window, at least in our second story room, did open - and there was no screen in it. Good warning for familes with children. Oh, also our room was very very muggy when we first entered (around 7:30 pm) and the AC on high only barely cooled it down by the time we returned at 11-12 that evening.

The free breakfast consisted of kids' sugary cereals (fruit loops, cocoa puffs, fruity pebbles) and maybe some corn flakes or something... there was only 2% milk. There were also frozen waffles and white bread and a toaster. Prepackaged muffins rounded out the breakfast. I don't think there was any fruit. My boyfriend said the orange juice was actually Tang (maybe).. I had coffee, as I don't like to start my day on starchy carbs and sugar. But hey, it was food, and it was my own fault if I went hungry.

The hotel's bar is a pirate theme... the bar itself like a ship. The drinks were strong (fine by me). Had a group of what were likely regulars hanging out. Bartender was friendly enough and helpful in answering our questions about hours, etc. We did not eat there though.

For $60, though... we got what we paid for, and it was not horribly awful or anything. It was enough for us to get showers and a night's rest. However, I can't bring myself to rate it "average" due to some of the shortcomings I've mentioned and an overall "run down" kind of feeling... but I will add, we had very pleasant service from the front desk, and had no trouble getting extra towels (there were three of us).

Room Tip: Second floor hazard - windows open, no screens. There are rooms which have windows interior to the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Martinsburg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Motel 6 Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
#1 of 14 in Martinsburg
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Been to Carefree Inn? Share your experiences!