WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Comfortable, welcoming, and affordable. The perfect inn for motorcyclists.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Clark Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Old Clark Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
ohio
“Comfortable, welcoming, and affordable. The perfect inn for motorcyclists.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

Arrived at the Old Clark Inn after a long soggy day of motorcycling across West Virginia. We were greeted at the door by Andrea and welcomed into the warm, clean and homey inn. Andrea immediately invited us to use the dryer to get our riding gear and wet clothes dry then showed us around the place.
The rooms aren't huge, but are comfortable and spacious enough for stowing luggage and resting. Bathrooms are clean and easily accessible.
We chatted for a bit with Nelson, the other innkeeper, that evening and the next morning. He shared some great route advice for our ride. We told motorcycling stories and again felt very welcomed.
During the evening we sat in the living room and chatted with some fellow visitors. My dad and I took advantage of the free wi-fi to catch up on email and look at possible routes.
In the morning Andrea prepared a pleasant continental breakfast complete with yogurt, fruit, cereal, scones and coffee.
Not only will I go back, but I am trying to figure out a way to get back immediately. Thank you Andrea and Nelson!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

A very nice, very quiet inn that is perfect for the daytime bicyclist/adventurer. The manager provides an option to drop you and your bike North or South of the Inn on the Greenbriar trail and can recommend good restaurants in the area not because he gets a kickback, but because they are places he enjoys. Great Inn!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife and I were the only guests the one night we stayed. Nelson is a very attentive and personable host. We found our room to be very clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was just what we wanted and the coffee was delicious.
I would definately recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
LONG ISLAND, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights on our annual motorcycle trip. The Inn was very clean and the innkeepers, Nelson & Andrea were very friendly and made us feel right at home. Our room was impeccabbly clean and nicely furnished with an antique sleigh bed. Nelson was very helpful in helping us plan our day trips. The Inn is very motorcycle friendly with an overhang for bikes and a wide selection of cleaning materials, covers and security cameras. We ate at one of the few restaurants in town, The Greenbrier Restaurant, which was good basic food at a good price. Despite the fact that the town has seen better days, it is very clean and inviting. Marlinton is a good central base location for exploring West Virginia.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I arrived at the inn on my motorcycle around 6 PM absolutely drenched from the rain. The dryer was a Godsend, and Andrea, who checked me in, couldn't have been more sympathetic. Nelson offered to make sure my boots were dry by morning. The room was everything I could ask for. The amenities of the living room, dining room and front porch were greatly appreciated as it was raining the next day, too, and I decided to stay over an extra night. The breakfast was more than I expected, and I felt well fed after eating in the morning. Finding that they had free internet was a very welcome surprise.

The town wasn't much, except for the small museum which I enjoyed. Marlinton wasn't my destination so I didn't bother to explore it. There are only a couple of places to eat--neither of which offer fine dining. I did enjoy my hamburger at the cafe just down the street from the inn, though.

The inn is VERY motorcycle friendly. I was the only bike there when I checked in but there were a dozen motorvcyclists staying there when I checked out two days later.

I will definitely stay there again the next time I am riding down that way. I recommend it for anybody,

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have stayed here 3 times now and have enjoyed each visit. Rooms are fine...Hosts are perfect..not intrusive but available...breakfast is ok, cereal,boiled eggs, pastry etc. coffee,milk,juice.....good internet access..Very authentic appalachain town/setting. great bike trails...liquor store..dairy queen...greenbrier river access...Clarks is very affordable especially if travelling alone and renting single room. I have @ 45 dollar limit or I will go camping!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

If your looking for peace & quiet in a non-tourist atmosphere this is the place to be!! Lots of great motorcycle roads and great places to visit. A must see is highway 150 & the Williams river. You'll feel like you are in your own little world while riding all the great roads. The Inn has the best set-up for motorcycle care and it has great deck out back,enjoy evening fire with other guest or just swing or rock the night away on the front porch. Travel light and use there laundry room for a couple of bucks its like being @ home!! Bicyclist love the trails here I liked the variety of people we met. My husband & I will definetly stay again!! Must go to Dirtbean coffee shop down the street they are great people too!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlinton
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
#3 of 24 in Snowshoe
Allegheny Springs
Allegheny Springs
#2 of 24 in Snowshoe

Been to Old Clark Inn? Share your experiences!