“welcome spot on our bike trip”
Review of The Snak Shak Tropical Sno - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Snak Shak Tropical Sno
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I biked a stretch of the Greenbrier bike trail from Seebert, ending up in Marlinton. The Snak Shak is 50 yards from the trail and we could park our bikes out front. The food was much better than average.. (they accommodated my request for a grilled chicken on a spinach wrap, which wasn't technically on the menu).. Our server was friendly and obviously proud of his establishment. The place was very clean,..my wife and I are extremely persnickety about restaurants in general and were both very pleasantly surprised by this little gem..Hats off to them for making us feel very welcome.

1  Thank vagabondkid

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have to say that I shy away from recommending restaurants in Marlinton, BUT I will DEFINITELY recommend the Snak Shak. I was pleasantly surprised on one of the days that their air conditioning wasn't working after the June 29, 2012 storm. Needlesstosay, it felt wonderful to me and to my guests, one from San Antonio, Texas, and one from the U.K. The food was wonderful and the service was great. I will highly recommend it to my visiting guests at my B&B.

1  Thank chouse1852
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Four of us went to the Snak Shak on the recommendation of our hostess at our bed and breakfast. We loved the colorful decor, the music, and most of all, the food. Two of us had the catfish special. The fish was crispy on the outside and moist and tender inside. The breading had just the right amount of spice. The cole slaw was also quite good and we enjoyed the dried cranberries that added a touch of sweetness.
My husband had the 3-piece chicken tenders and he swears they were the best he's ever had. The portions were quite large, and again, crispy outside and tender and juicy inside.
My brother had the black and blue burger and it disappeared quite quickly. He enjoyed it and then helped us finish our huge portion of catfish.
We will definitely go back to the Snak Shak when we return to that area.

1  Thank suemariew
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stopped by one evening for a dinner and dessert. I ordered a hamburger and it was surprisingly good. It had really good flavor. I wasn't expecting that from a place I went to for a shaved ice. My only complaint was that the burger was supposed to come with chips and it came with nacho-like chips instead. Also, I tried to order the chicken fingers and they had just run out and I saw them, and they looked HUGE. My shaved ice was really good as well. I had blue raspberry and I had several of the shaved ices in my party as well and they were all good. Overall, a great experience plus friendly service with someone who told us places to go in the area.

1  Thank Jasonhomey
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Jonathon (owner) and Linda (server) were super. Gave recommendations on what to see in the area plus the food was great and very reasonably priced. We went back twice while we were in the area. Oh yeah.....the music is great as well :>)