“Very informative”

Cranberry Mountain Nature Center
Ranked #6 of 24 things to do in Marlinton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cranberry Mountain Nature Center has many interesting features that appeal to visitors of all ages and backgrounds. The exhibit hall features many interactive displays which are both educational and entertaining to young and old alike. The auditorium offers short films on request on topics, such as Smokey Bear Story, Jewels of the Monongahela, Cranberry Glades, wildflowers, and many others. The nature center is host to several popular events during the open season. Kids Night activities include live snake shows, educational programs, magic shows, wildlife presentations, games and visits by Smokey Bear.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The information center was very cool. On Saturday they had several events Orchid Tour, Snake Show and a guided tour of the Cranberry Glades. The restrooms were clean and there was an interesting exhibit of local wildlife and a nice giftshop.

3  Thank BUX4FUN

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I lived near this attraction for the first 20 years of my life. I have memories of picnics and nature walks with my grandparents when I was young. I have moved further away but still travel by the center to visit family. My daughters and I always stop to see the sights and watch Mr. Moose with the snakes. On one of our last visits we took the tour with Mr. Moose through the glades. Plenty of beautiful plants and birds to see. He is very informative about the area and I am looking forward to stopping again on our next trip through. The people at the center are very friendly and the area is very scenic.

3  Thank boondockgal
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Lots to see in this small museum--it was nice to see this center in the middle of the wilderness area.

2  Thank Beckyetz