Locust Hill Inn, Cabin & Pub
  • Breakfast included
$80
Travelocity
  • Pool
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$88
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$294
$107
$80
Travelocity
$93
Knapp's Creek Trout Lodge(Marlinton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubshuttle servicealmost heavenfront porchcass railroadspent two nightsthursday nightpocahontas countyhot tublots of funcrab cakesbike shuttlehope to returntop floorgreat place to stayevery morningdelicious breakfast
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed at this bed and breakfast with my aunt in April 2010. The room was sparse with an uncomfortable bed and not even a hair dryer. The shower was less than spotless. But the main problem was with the owner. At first, he was reluctant to provide a key for our room, telling us if we had anything in our room that we were worried about, we needed to keep it in our car. Finally, he did provide a key. The room had no phone, and there is no cell phone reception in this area, so if you need to make a call, it will have to be at a pay phone in Marlinton. Overall, the owner was not hospitable and even apologized for being impolite to another guest at breakfast. The scenery outside the bed and breakfast was very beautiful, however. There are plenty of other bed and breakfasts in this area, and I would definitely try to stay at one of those if I visited this area again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
IzzyWV, owner at Locust Hill Inn, Cabin & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

We have cell phone service in Marlinton, AT&T works fine. If guests do not want to use the pay phone in town, they are more than welcome to use the house phone with a phone card. There is a phone in the dining room.

The hair dryer is on the second floor landing area for all to see and use! The rooms are furnished with antiques, fluffy robes & upscale amenities, such as soaps, lotions, shampoo/conditioner. Clean? We even check for lose hair!

We have had no complaints about the mattress so we asked the "housekeeper" to check to see if there was a pea under the mattress.

As far as locking your room. We don't even get trick or treaters --- but there are keys available. We don't keep them in the rooms, people steal them because they are also antiques.

I have a very dry sense of humor, some guests just don't get my humor some of the time! Guess I better smile as I say things that could be taken the "wrong way"

Reviewed April 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Locust Hill during a recent getaway to visit the Cranberry Glades, Snowshoe, Hills of the Falls, Green Bank Observatory, and just to relax in the mountains. Locust Hill was the perfect choice and here's why:
-Dave and Paula are wonderful innkeepers. The best we've met.
-The breakfasts was great. Dinner and Massages were like icing on the cake!!
-Rooms were big. (BTW, attic room is really nice, don't skip it because of the location).
-Lots of open space to roam around and relax.
-Location is only a few minutes from Marlinton and the Greenbriar Rail Trail.
-Price for relaxation package is great value. I highly recommend you do the relaxation package.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Locust Hill while we biked the Greenbrier Trail end to end. The hosts offer a great bike package, including shuttle service, breakfast. They also have an onsite spa which is wonderful!! The view from the front porch in itself is worth the trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Locust Hill for 3 nights in October while biking the Greenbrier Trail. The room was comfortable and the host as very accommodating with a great sense of humor. The hostess was very reserved and hardly spoke to the guest which I found somewhat odd. A gorgorous house that has been renovated. The house sits up on a hill with a great view of the hillside and usually deer can be seen. We purchased the biking package which was great. It included an evening meal cooked by the host and it was excellant as were the breakfasts. The package also included bike shuttles for 2 days which were very useful so that we never had to backtrack on the trail. Also included was a 30 minute upper body massage which was a great way to end the trip and work out those biking sore muscles. Another couple we met there showed us the cabin that they rented on the same property and it was nice but would be very crowed for more than 2. The only complaint was that nobody ever came to check or wipe down our bathroom during our stay. A minor thing that will not keep us from recommending this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple