Jerico Bed & Breakfast
$149
  • Breakfast included
$80
  • Pool
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$88
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$255
$121
$107
$80
$150
Knapp's Creek Trout Lodge(Marlinton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main housethe private hot tubyankcabinpattonfireplacecozyroomysnowshoeskiingcreek
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed in the Yank cabin for a couple of nights while biking the Greenbrier River Trail. The cabin had originally been built on Droop Mtn. and was used as a place to tend to wounded soldiers during the Battle of Droop Mtn. A guy named Tom, Jr. owns this place and looks for opportunities to dismantel these beautiful, historic cabins and reconstructs them using a lot of artistry and skill.

The Yank is nestled into the hillside at the end of a holler. It is in fairly close proximity to the main house and a couple of other cabins, but it is very private. It is also extremely quiet with only the sounds of nature to listen to - no road noise here. The noisiest thing we heard were the angus cows waking us up one morning which was actually quite nice.

This cabin is small but fun and the very private back porch with hot tub adds to the living space. Only one cook at a time in the kitchen and the fridge is one of those small bar refridgerators; still it was adequate for us for a couple of days. The kids loved climbing the ladder to their sleeping loft. I just wish there were screens in the two loft windows to allow cool evening air in as it can get very hot in the loft even with the fan.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We went to stay in the 2 person cabin - Patton - and had a very good experience. I will recommend this place for its location and the way cabins are built and decorated. Their website is a very good source of information and is NOT misleading at all. Prompt emails and calls; good directions and excellent service left a good mark of this place.

In all this was a very good choice and I recommend this BnB; specially for couples!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank itsleo
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We arrived at the cabin surrounded by 3 1/2 ft. of beautiful snow and breath taking views. Surprising to my husband I had no difficulty climbing the long driveway in my "little sportscar". The cabin was quite clean, more that enough room, warm and comfortable....& very quiet. We were joined by my son, his wife, 3 grandchildren (7,4, 6 mos) & were amazed at how well we all fit & had our own space. The renovations are done well, both inside and outside. I only ask that the electrical appliances ( i.e. coffee maker, grill, etc.) be ckecked often & replaced when needed. The whole area around Marlinton is one of the most beautiful I have seen and the most friendly people.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I already knew from the website that I would have 16 Union soldiers buried in the back of my cabin, "The Yank". But the experience was a little surreal. Perhaps it was the full moon and the heavy mist we had during our stay, but the contribution of all these things to the atmosphere here is undeniable. The cabin itself was definately "modern rustic"-full plumbing, a small TV,gas log fireplace (controls were a little touchy), and of course the hot tub out back. If you enjoy a good herd of cows out the back door in the morning, they come with the place too! Part of the greeting committee is a charming calico kitty that has rarely missed a meal.
Furniture and things like pans, glassware (quite an eclectic collection)and appliances were generally in good condition though far from new. I must say the place was very clean however, especially the bathroom and shower where one can usually expect problems, but not here.
This particular cabin is the furthest from the main house on the primary property, but still closer than I expected. Parking space is very good and not at all treacherous. We peeked into the other cabins nearby and were amused by the heart shaped jacuzzis.
We spent two nights. The day we arrived there was a very large tree down in the back yard that looked like it had fallen half a century ago. When we returned the next day after sight seeing the tree had moved up the hill into the pasture! We thought the resident soldier ghosts had been at work, but we were assured by the owners that it had actually been a man with a chain saw and the tree had only been down since earlier in the summer. I think I'll just think what I want to think.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Evansthecat
Reviewed September 5, 2009

For eight years now, a group of friends and I have arranged a get-together in Marlinton, and we stay at the Lewis cabin - sleeps 6, hot tub, full kitchen, laundry. The rest stay at the B&B. Area is beautiful, cabin and B&B is very nice and fairly priced. We've never had a problem. And we're going back next week.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends