Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
$149
  • Breakfast included
Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$88
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$255
$150
Quality Inn(Lewisburg)
$140
QualityInn
Knapp's Creek Trout Lodge(Marlinton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanreasonable ratesgroundrtmotorcyclingmotorcycleforestporchbikes
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently stayed at the Marlinton Inn on a motorcycle trip. The hotel is a little dated but there are few choices in Marlinton area.. For the price the hotel is good. Rooms are clean, and the service is ok. A very quiet place to stay, outside town.
We ate in the restaurant and the menu is limited. Breakfast is pricey for what you get. The hotel is about 1-2 miles from the town, so your only choice is to eat in the hotel. There are very few restaurants in the town. If you are looking for fine dining, Marlinton is not the place.
There is a bar in the hotel, drink prices are very reasonable.
Free Wifi, but you have to be at the hotel front desk, or restaurant to connect. Not available in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank cotss
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Myself and 3 other friends just finished another stay at the Marlinton Motor Inn and we all thought the room was a bargain and the stay was more than fine.

The rooms are always very clean and the people are friendly with a dash of extra personality for entertainment. The front office people never fail to be friendly and helpful.

The restaurant food is also fine. This isn't the Waldorf but the food was tasty and convenient to our rooms. After a long day of terrific motorcycle riding in the mountains, it is nice to be able to walk a few yards for a decent meal, relax and tell lies about our riding proficiencies. We were made to feel very welcome at every meal in the restaurant and the bar.

After several stays here, we have yet to have a bad stay....(although we were disappointed that we did not see any ghosts ;-) )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank khelton
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my first time back to this motel since I was a teenager headed up to Snowshoe with my father. I'm 47 and nothing has changed. The reason we stayed then and the reason I stayed with my family this time is because it's relatively close to Snowshoe, and cheap. For those who make a long drive to the remote resort, it is conveniently located so that the next morning one can hit the slopes at 9:00am without much additional driving.

Here's what we found. The motel was approximately 60% occupied yet, with these numbers, they have 20 year old televisions, with non-working remotes. There is no internet, anywhere on the premises. The toilet was not what I would consider sanitized. Beds were reasonably comfortable, but when I inquired about having three travelers and needing two queens or one king and a roll-out - I was told that there was no such option, double beds were standard or I could have one king with no room for a rollout. Baloney! There's plenty of room for a roll-out. So the wife and I had to snuggle up in a bouncy spring double bed. Not good. On top of this we paid extra for a third person. We found this odd. Motels used to do this thirty years ago.

Now on to the restaurant. We tried breakfast, expecting something quick and hot. We got hot but not quick. It's a shame that there was no buffet and there was no mention of the restaurant in the room. If we weren't told about breakfast at check-in, we wouldn't know it was available. With 60 percent occupancy and 90 percent of those people headed up to Snowshoe early in the morning with no restaurants to speak of between the hotel and the resort (20 miles), I'm sure they could have marketed this a bit better. We ordered a sit down breakfast from the menu and it took too long. But the food was good and the coffee very good. We had to wait for our ticket and this annoyed me greatly because we were risking missing slope time as the minutes ticked away.

They should recognize their niche, the Snowshoe traveler, and invest a little bit into catering to these folks. Internet service is expected nowadays as are TV's that work. With the occupancy they presumably have the money to invest in the property, which is severely deficient. Next trip I am staying at the bottom of Snowshoe in a motel that better fits this niche, and doesn't feel like a seedy trip back in time.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all the same.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Bob R
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was decent. It is outdated looking but everything worked and everything was clean.
The free wi-fi is only in a little room behind the office, but they are more than happy for you to use it.
We used this hotel as a base for skiing at Snowshoe and it was a much cheaper alternative to staying on the mountain.

We'll stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AnitaLCPA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a cheap last minute booking for one night after skiing at Snowshoe which is about 20 miles away. For the most part, the room and furnishings are just old or old looking. Outdated, worn out bathroom as well. I'm sure they clean the rooms daily but because of age it looks dingy. Never saw any bugs or anything of that nature. Staff is friendly. Restaurant and lounge on-site. Although it was closed and not filled, the swimming pool looks new. Basically, if you want cheap accommodations that are close to Snowshoe Mountain and you're not at all picky, this place will do.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends