“It's a Magical Place!!!”

Guesthouse Lost River
Ranked #1 of 3 Lost River B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I wanted to get away from the city without driving too long. I wanted it to be romantic, close to nature and secluded. I got all of that and way more. I was trying to book a cheap room but was stuck with either a pet friendly room in a cabin that had shared common areas. The only other option was the suite for $75 more a night. Even thru it was more than what I wanted to spent I did it anyways. Boy was this worth it, all the extras of this room made it immediately worth it. Double sided fire place, full kitchen, satellite tv, two bathrooms, king size bed, private balcony, parking right off the side kitchen entrance, the best view of the place and the best part it, it was at the end of the last floor of the main lodge. No one on top or next to us. We had such a romantic weekend!!! We are planning on making this an every 6 month tradition and we will make sure to book the suite again. So peaceful, romantic, relaxing and the staff was great!!!! :-)

Room Tip: Get the Suite its so worth the extra money. The double sided fireplace its amazing. The only room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JCVO
GuesthouseLostRiver, Owner at Guesthouse Lost River, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! :) The Suite is certainly our grande dame of the property with spectacular views! Even we don't have some of these amenities in our living quarters on the property! :) We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Guesthouse!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic three night stay at the Guest House over Memorial Day weekend. Gary and Mike love what they do and it shows in their attention detail. As the new proprietors they are working hard to leave their mark by upgrading the amenities and service, working their punch list. The onsite restaurant was greatly enjoyed when open. All the other guests were fantastic, conversational and engaging, enjoyed everyone there. We stayed in the Builtmore cottage which is separated by a 3 to 5-minute walk and secluded from the other areas of the Guesthouse. It afforded us some much needed privacy with only two other rooms in the cottage. Much of the time the other occupants including our friends whom we traveled with were elsewhere. No cell service but good Wi-Fi so you don’t completely disengage unless you choose too. We will be returning and are already making plans.

1  Thank JKM127

Thank you for your feedback! We do read every review and constantly work to improve our guests experience! We have been coming to Lost River for years to escape the madness of DC! We are thrilled that you are coming back.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Wow!!! I was so impressed with the Guest House! As I pulled up the drive I remarked to my wife...This place looks good! We were very impressed when the front door opened and our Guest House treatment began. The property is beautiful and the service superb. If you need a liitle VACA in the woods, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Ask for the Guest House Suite... IT ROCKS!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MMPRINT

Thanks for the great feedback! I can't always figure out who is writing the review but the Vacay and NY gave it away! As a fellow NY'er--- we are hard to please! So I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate it and hope you appreciated our weekly deliveries from Vassilaros coffee in NYC!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Guesthouse was relaxing and everything you see in the pictures. What makes this place fabulous and way above par is the service. I've stayed in a number of B&Bs and the service of the entire team was absolutely amazing. From breakfast to the poolside snacks, to sun down at the bar--the owners and staff were approachable and always checking in to see how things were going. I highly recommend this B&B.

2  Thank Spencito6259

Thanks for the great words! :) I have to admit while I love the fall in Lost River, the summer is always great. I love hearing the music by the pool and watching the busy wait staff and bartender making sure everyone is taken care of! And I am the first to admit that Sunday afternoon, once all the guests check out-- you can find us poolside with a drink close by! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This past weekend we visited the guest house for the first time. When we arrived, our host gave us a welcome tour of the grounds and amenities. The grounds were spectacularly beautiful; rooms and common areas well maintained and cleaned. Having dinner on the patio was peaceful and relaxing. Breakfast over the two day stay was served family-style which enabled us to meet other guests. It was a hearty serving of eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns and biscuits. There were no TVs in the rooms, but that was actually part of the charm to be forced to do without TV for a weekend and enjoy the nature and the company of other guests. The bartender was very friendly and mixed several experimental drinks for us. In the surrounding area is a state park that offers hiking, a small cafe on route 259 with delicious sandwiches and in the town of Wardenville about 10 miles away was a wonderful restaurant- the Lost River Brewing Company . http://www.lostriverbrewing.com/.
We would definitely visit again this summer.

Room Tip: Rosebud house had a kitchen with stove and refridgerator.
3  Thank 0kilimanjar0

Thanks for the kind words! :) David is an awesome bartender and even this past weekend I sampled some of his new creations for some guests including a peanut butter and jelly shot! Delicious! As for the televisions--- before the reservation or on day 1 we hear the hesitation but by checkout or when everyone returns to work everyone seems to remember the peace and quiet! :) We do have 4 public televisions that do get a crowd (especially when the latest tournament is on). The small cafe is the Lost River General Store ( www.thelostrivergeneralstore.com). I bought lunch for our servers and cleaning/maintenance teams this weekend and we had their yummy pulled pork sandwich platter! The brewery is fantastic and you can usally find us having dinner with them on Thursday or Sunday evenings! Try the asian wings next time-- they are awesome! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at The Guesthouse and couldn't have been more pleased and impressed. The peacefulness, calmness and quiet we experienced made the visit even more special. Gary and Michael and Jesse were attentive, polite, upbeat and extremely gracious. The free breakfast was to die for and there was so much of it! Patty, the breakfast lady, sure knows how to cook and satisfy. The grounds are just lovely and so beautifully maintained. The facilities have so much to offer. Sooooooooo relaxing. It was difficult leaving, knowing how spoiled we were. We look forward to visiting a couple of more times this year! A visit is a "don't miss!"

3  Thank Sandy M

Thank you for the kind words! :) Both Patty and Becky make our wonderful country breakfasts! This is one of our favorite meals to serve! :) Our Chef can't get enough of Patty's biscuits w/ sausage gravy or panckaes! We look forward to seeing you at the Guesthouse soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

to kick off our vacation at the Guesthouse Lost River. It was a pretty setting. The room was smaller than expected, with a hard-to-work shower door. No TV in the room, and the TVs in the public rooms didn't work, even after our host helped with them. Skimpy towel service, very skimpy breakfast. Fruit cup, enough biscuits and gravy for everybody to have one. With what I know, I wouldn't have paid full price ($245/day) for this room.

The staff was friendly and the welcome sincere, and it included a cheese tray and a bottle of wine. The public rooms were nice, but the fireplaces were off and on a rainy day we needed a little warmth and coziness.

4  Thank CosmeticsQueen

I have struggled with responding to this because we haven't heard some of this feedback before. Skimpy is not a word we want to hear associated with the Guesthouse. :) I apologize that there wasn't enough breakfast but oversights to happen and I sincerely apologize. I hope you can give us a second chance and I would love to hear generous next time. :) The shower door was a bit stuck and we fixed that ASAP. We did have an issue with the TV in the media room which has since been replaced with a new flat screen TV. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we will be sure to strive to do better for each visitor!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lost River
South Branch Inn Moorefield
South Branch Inn Moorefield
#1 of 2 in Moorefield
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Lost River
Lost Forest Bed & Breakfast

Been to Guesthouse Lost River? Share your experiences!