“Great place for a getaway!”

and 1 more site!
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Lost River B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I found this place through Living Social, and it was definitely worth it! Our room was very clean and comfortable. It's not your typical B&B, in that there isn't a cooked to order breakfast. Instead, there were varieties of cold cereal, homemade muffins, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. I actually preferred this type of breakfast, as I found it healthier. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this B&B, and will likely go back for another visit.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Holn1UK

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The management and staff are caring people who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. If you are looking for a bucolic setting, food prepared with skill and style, and served by attentive friendly folks then this is your kind of place. You will not be disappointed. Jim B., Room 10

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jim B
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We used the livingsocial coupon like everyone else, so it was a good deal to have two nights + dinner and lunch voucher for just $170 plus tax. The breakfast was basic. (However I couldn't find hot water so I had to use microwave to boil my water in a cup). The grill was basic too. I recommend a hike in Lost River State Park nearby. You take the white oak trail for 2 miles up to Cranny Crow overlook and back down following the same route. Very relaxing weekend yet not much to do around. The bed is very comfortable, and the property was very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K D
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A great escape from the city life at this cozy and well-maintained inn. During our 2 night stay I never saw any staff - but breakfast was served in the kitchen bright and early (nice selection too), our room was made while we were gone hiking, and the wine and cheese reception fare on Saturday afternoon was displayed beautifully - so it's like the right things would just happen at the right time! Larry is a wonderful host and a skilled bartender at the Lost River Grill, and Saturday Night Karaoke was a lot of fun! The mountains provide gorgeous scenery with streams, lakes and a lot of wildlife - check out local parks. I can't wait to go back in the fall! I would highly recommend this place if you want to unplug, unwind and enjoy a simple weekend in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank l00karound
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very rarely do I feel compelled to write a review IMMEDAITELY after I return from a trip but after the fabulous weekend I had at Lost River, I can't imagine waiting. My boyfriend purchased the Living Social deal as a present to me for my birthday but honestly, it was a gift for both of us. The stress of everyday life was at an ultimate high and a serene, remote retreat was exactly what we needed. The house is warm and welcoming, clean and fresh. You basically feel like you have a home in WV. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure you have the comforts to make your stay enjoyable. Although the house was full, we didn't really frequently see any of the guests and the owners don't "hover". Just a friendly smile and a "how's everything going" and that's it. We brought snacks to eat but mostly ate at the local diner. For a 2 night stay, there was plenty to choose from but if we had stayed longer, that might have become a little repetitious. It's a very simple place and they are very up front with the fact it's not a place to for nightlife activity or shopping. It's a home away from home geared to allow you time to decompress and rehydrate your mind, spirit and body. The state parks (we went to George Washington Forrest) that are local have breathtaking views and the view from the front porch of the B&B looks like something God himself painted. It really makes you appreciate the beauty we constantly oversee trying to get to the next stop in our everyday grind.

The GM - Larry, seems to work 24/7; manager, bartender, and server - you name it-this man does it, and does it WELL. We had a hiccup with our dinner experience and he went above and beyond to correct it to the point where we felt bad even bringing it up! If the B&B were a living person, he's the heart and soul :)

My boyfriend and I both have a extremely healthy respect for genuine people who are passionate about what they do. It's so obvious that it's not "just a job" to the staff - they actually care! It seems so simple but for us, it's very rare and extremely refreshing.

I cannot say enough about this place and the wonderful experience we had. I will happily return at my next opportunity and I know when I do, we'll be welcomed back like old friends.

PS: The only con I can think of (and it's not even really a con) is the bed. While it's extremely comfortable it's not...exactly... activity... friendly? :) If you're picking up what I’m putting down here. However, none of the beds are so you're all in the same boat when it comes to that. I'm actually giggling a bit even writing that but I think it's still worth mentioning.

Room Tip: I highly recommend breakfast at the diner (even though continental is included). The pancakes were a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gwendolyn B
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place! This was our second time here. We made ourselves at home and enjoyed the hospitality. Restaurant next door has great food and the lounge is one of the area's best kept secrets. Larry is awesome! Looking forward to another visit in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I just got back from a weekend at Lost River B&B. I had purchased a LivingSocial deal and wasn't sure what to expect. It exceeded my expectations. From making the initial reservation to breakfast the morning we left, our experience with Lost River B&B was a great one. The staff were all friendly and very hospitable. The house was cozy, quiet, and the room was comfortable and clean. The Lost River Grill is right down the hill from the B&B and had a great selection of food including vegetarian options. The lounge attached to the grill was also a nice place to unwind after a long day of hiking. During our stay, we drove to Seneca Rocks which is about an hour from Lost River and hiked the trails up the mountain. This was the perfect place to get away from city life and reconnect with the outdoors and each other. I would definitely recommend Lost River B&B to anyone looking for a relaxing home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Strasburg
Hotel Strasburg
#3 of 5 in Strasburg
Lost Forest Bed & Breakfast

Been to Lost River Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!