“Poor quality and lacking cleanliness”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logan
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Logan
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The service was lacking right from the get go, then when we got to the room it was less than clean. I had to clean the washroom myself as there were hairs in the tub and on the floor. (totally NOT acceptable) . You could see the dust on all edges everywhere. We were staying for 2 nights to go to the Hatfield McCoy tour the next morning so needed to stay close enough. The breakfast was lack luster and did not have too many choices I thought that I would take a chance on the Holiday Inn (I usually stay at Hilton's) but after staying here, I am definitely sticking with Hilton's .

Would NOT go back to this hotel nor refer anyone to go there

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logan, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear travelhunterOntario,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that your stay was negatively affected due to the level of cleanliness, service and quality of breakfast. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 21, 2014

1st had to get batteries for the thermosat so the heat to come on 2nd had to shake the handle on the tolet so it to stop the water from running 3rd plug in shower was not working so I had to hold it up by hand so the water would drain out told the front desk about this he just said he'll make a note never again at hampton

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lou H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logan, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Lou H,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Logan.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Very nice place. Our stay was excellent in every way. The room, the breakfast, and the staff were very professional and friendly. Would gladly stay there again on our next trip. Thanks to all.
The location was easy to access and had shopping and restaurants for any taste with end walking distant. PS, Slept like a baby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

O.K.. this is my second stay at this hotel this year. Unfortunately we had to go back for a death in the family.

I am still just as impressed as last time. The mattress is very comfortable, the rooms are clean and the staff is much friendlier this time. People can make fun of the folks from WV but I find the hospitality there is way above par compared to other states.

We had 2 military discount rooms reserved but when we checked in, one of the rooms (Room 111) had a refrigerator and a microwave...Bonus!

There was so much jumping noise above our room (107), we were sure there had to be a gym directly above us but when we looked it was only rooms so there had to be somebody's kids allowed to jump off the bed. The staff offered to move us but we decided we would keep the room since both of us were sick and taking NyQuil at night and the jumping wouldn't disturb our sleep.

Let me tell you about the breakfast....

There was the normal cereal, yogurt,bagels, muffins, etc but there was also a pancake machine for fresh pancakes and one morning there were cheese omelets, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy (best non made at home ever had). Next day was scrambled (powdered again of course) sausage, biscuits and gravy. Not sure what it was, but there just seemed to be an extra touch to the breakfast that i haven't experienced before.

Room Tip: Ask for 111 as this had the fridge and microwave!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank debrico
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend while visiting the Hatfield and McCoy trails. Although it wasn't very close to the trailheads nearby it was perfect. The beds are super comfy, the showers are amazing, and the breakfast is yummy. Don't forget your bathing suit for the indoor pool and hot tub. :) There is also shopping and several restaurants right next door.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MrsVanDam
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Where to begin. I am extremely pleased with my stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Logan. My family and I stay in hotels often and we prefer to use the Holiday Inn Brand. There is none in comparison to the Holiday Inn in Logan, WV. My family and I have stayed at ALL Holiday Inn and Inn Express Brands in southern WV and several in Fl. We have never rec. such excellent customer service from all staff including Mgmt. to house keeping. The General Manager went out of his way for me and my husband during our last stay including helping us with directions and introducing us to all Logan, WV has to offer. It's not often that you can reach a general manager at a hotel not to mention have one that is that willing to go out of his way to help guests. The front desk staff were very polite and very helpful. Also, something that really sticks out is we were even greeted by the housekeeping staff. My family nor I passed one employee that didn't acknowledge us or say Hello!! Even down to the maintenance man outside cleaning the lot. The Breakfast Bar hostess Mary was so polite and stayed busy keeping fresh "food" on the hot breakfast bar. The room was extremely CLEAN!!! Our beds were very comfortable. I could've kicked back and said Ahhh, I feel at home and that is something when a hotel stay feels like home. I also Love the new carpet it looks great!!! Looking forward to take another trip to Logan, WV because I sure do miss my second home at the Holiday Inn Express in Logan, WV. I hope all staff see this thumbs up guys keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Room 226 is a very spacious, very comfortable room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carrie F
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here a couple of times and it has been a great experience. The rooms are nice and clean and roomy. The breakfast is good and the staff nice. Ample parking and some shopping in the area. We will stay here again when we go visit family in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Teeroe1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
4 mi away
#2 of 3 in Williamson
Logan Super 8 Motel
Logan Super 8 Motel
#3 of 4 in Logan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logan? Share your experiences!