“Not to be missed”

Stardust Cafe
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "My favorite restaurant ever! anywhere!" heard daily...music to our ears. We take the extra effort to get local vegetables, eggs and meat as well as flowers; to serve sashimi grade tuna, a rustic pork shank, lobster pasta; fresh daily pastries from West Virginia's best baker; locally made artisan bread; extra virgin olive oil, great wine list, candlelight etc! all pays off. We don't cut corners and our fellow foodies recognize this and honor us with their presence. Reservations advised or willingness to wait in line.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

WHAT’S GREAT
- All the dishes we had were really good.
- The Trust Me Salad, Curried Chicken, the special which was a twist on Paella. (Chicken local sausage tomatoes mozzarella and basil over rice) - was really good. For dessert we shared date nut cake with Carmel sauce and fresh cream which was the perfect finish.
- The staff, the owner and our waitress were extremely helpful.
- Everything is fresh and made to order.

WHAT I WOULD CHANGE:
- the wine selections by the glass maybe a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand instead if California.

TIP:
- get reservations we lucked out and got two seats at the counter but the place was really popular and several folks had to wait or come back later.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I came here as a solo traveler on a rainy Tuesday night 10 minutes before they closed after being on the road for 6 hours. When I walked in, I asked the hostess if they were still seating and she warmly smiled and said yes. I immediately felt like I was in the right place that night. The ambiance in the small, dimly lit restaurant was inviting and cozy. I had the seared ahi tuna, which was fresh and delicious. My server, Amy, was so pleasant and warm and made my dining experience so nice. This place was exactly what I needed after many hours on the road. I will definitely return to the Stardust Cafe!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Stardust Cafe is a gem in the town of Lewisburg, WV. Nestled in the mountains is a truly unique eatery. The story of the restaurant is a true love story and the evolution into a fine culinary delight will have diners returning at every opportunity. My meal was non-pasta pasta (zucchini) with fresh marinara, ricotta and cheese! For dessert a flour less chocolate torte was melt-in-the-mouth delicious. My husband had the special, which lived up to its name! Chicken and sausage cacciatore. He finished with a lemon tart. They also have a great selection of beers and wines. The owner, chef and waitstaff made you feel at home.

2  Thank Sandra V
Reviewed July 30, 2014

sauces excellent, vegetarian dish unusual combination excellent flavors. Good wine list.serving staff excellent

2  Thank healthycates
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We are attending a conference at the nearby Greenbrier and we wanted to leave the resort to explore Lewisburg. After research, we chose the Stardust because we love restaurants that emphasize locally sourced product. The first night, a Saturday, we were unable together a same-day reservation, but they held two seats at the bar for us. The grilled artichoke and lemon spinach appetizer was fresh and light, and my entree of zucchini cut into pasta-like ribbons, with fresh tomato sauce and fresh house-made ricotta was outstanding. My husband had a delicious grilled steak, with the meat sourced from a nearby farm. They have an excellent wine list with many reasonable choices, including a wide array of wine by he glass. Tonight we returned with a friend and the food was again delicious (cold cucumber and dill soup, with the dill from their garden -- and the pasta was served with a homemade Italian sausage and homemade marinara with roasted red peppers, basil, and fresh house-made ricotta. Homemade angel food cake with raspberry sauce for dessert.) Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and in all, it was a memorable meal. This restaurant would hold its own anywhere.

1  Thank danason