“"Organic Spring"” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Alabama
“"Organic Spring"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for dinner after a day at the state fair. We are not vegetarians and did not know that's what this restaurant was about. Seeing the sign saying it was a "cafe" was a little misleading but we were tired and hungry and decided to give it a try. Amazing food! I had the mozzarella sandwich and my husband had the pizza. The sandwich was on ciabatta bread, loaded with tomatoes, onion, squash and pesto. So very, very tasty! The pizza was baked in a fired oven and was loaded with nothing but veggies on a thin crust without any sauce (none was needed). It was great! The music was a little annoying because all that played was jazz and we thought it would've been better to have a better variety or none at all. The piano in the far corner seemed out of place too. According to the manager, Molly, the place is under new management. Molly was great too. A very nice lady that's very devoted to her job. Her artwork is also displayed at this place and her talent amazed us as well. After our visit, I thought about a new name for this great restaurant in the "coolest little small town" and we think "Organic Spring" is very fitting. If you are in Lewisburg, give this one a try. It was worth it!

4 Thank Teeroe1

Thomas, West Virginia
“Impressive menu, great service in beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stopped in for an early dinner, and was really blown away. Pretty much the whole menu was fresh, farm-to-table, and even indicated where various ingredients were from. Both my and my date's meals were spectacular. Service was on point, the ambiance was perfect, the value was obvious - less than $10 for an entree to write home about. Plus a great beer selection. Absolutely wonderful experience, highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank WildNWonderful86
East Coast
“So happy it's here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am a regular at the Spring, and have watched it grow better and better since its opening during the winter. Al, the chef, is hugely talented and makes magic.

I have enjoyed many of the foods on the menu, my favorites being the sweet potato cakes, the tofu with different crusts- fresh herbs or wasabi are the ones I've enjoyed.

Haven't tried lunch yet, but highly recommend breakfast and dinner.

The main downside is that the swiss chard tart isn't a fixture on the menu. It's fabulous, and I hope the owners will consider this a hint.

• Visited April 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“So fresh and healthy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were staying at the Greenbrier and wanted to have a relaxed dress down dinner . We went to The Spring. It's a brand new restaurant. Todd was so fresh and tasty. Had the pizza and were tasty, excellent crust and full of flavor. One pizza is good for 2 people if you order appetizers. We ordered 2 cheese tray and we could tell the the cheese were good quality and fresh. They have a large variety of hot and iced organic teas.
I strongly recommend it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lourn2
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“What a breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Spring is only open (at this point, I hope they will expand their breakfast days) for breakfast on Saturday beginning at 8 AM. The menu included three different types of roasts for coffee, 3-egg omelettes, eggs florentine and other choices, I settled on the Huevos Rancheros which arrived with a cheese stuffed pepper (think light creamy ricotta type cheese), two perfect eggs on black beans (not your typical black bean mix) and a salsa and fruit on a crispy corn tortilla. Oh my was it good! I can't wait to do lunch there...and hopefully dinner some time soon.

• Visited March 2014