“Great dinner!”

General Lewis Inn - Jefferson Dining Room
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve contemporary Southern cuisine, in a farm to table format. We believe that excellent food should taste excellent.
Charleston, West Virginia
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed dinner here before a concert last night. The atmosphere is very relaxing, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding! Will definitely plan a return visit!

Visited August 2014

Granville, Ohio
“Downturn”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The restaurant is not as good as we experienced two years ago. Service was extremely slow. The food was served lukewarm and was pretty tasteless. The broiled rainbow trout tasted as if it had been reheated and was very dry. The waitress had at least 5 tables and could not handle the load. We had to wait 20 minutes to receive our check. One would be better off going to one of the chain restaurants.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank 42wanderer
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Charming southern breakfast with every attention to detail. The fruit entrée was amazing. The eggs, bacon, biscuits all delish. The best were the breakfast potatoes.... yum!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jennifer K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very charming restaurant and atmosphere. Great service. Food was good. My husband had the prime rib and liked it. I had the shrimp scampi which is not something I would typically order and it was good. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I wish they had a bit more variety on the menu. Very meat and potatoes. Enjoyed the warm bread and side salad. The peach cobbler was wonderful.

• Visited June 2014
“Good food with historic atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We enjoyed our meal. Food was good and service was great. Husband had fried chicken and it was excellent. I had a filet and while it was good, it wasn't spectacular. My husband enjoyed the cheeseburger soup; salad was pretty basic. We had cherry cobbler for dessert, and it was just okay. Overall nice dining experience.

Visited June 2014