“loved it so much I got married there”

General Lewis Inn - Jefferson Dining Room
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve contemporary Southern cuisine, in a farm to table format. We believe that excellent food should taste excellent.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I regularly travel to the area for business and always stay at the General Lewis Inn. I loved it so much I got married in their garden. The food is also wonderful!!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A calm restful inn to take time to reconnect to friends and family. I love the food and the service was great. It is like taking a step back in time with the decor and the furnishings. Reminds us to slow down and enjoy our company.

1  Thank Carol A
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food is good but don't expect great food and the dining experience is more upscale hotel than fine dining (it is after all an Inn). The Inn is full of character and charm and history. I loved eating and thinking about who had been in the Inn and what types of events had occurred in that Historic Spot.

1  Thank CHRIS M
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The owner asked my family and I to leave after my two year old cried for about 30 seconds during a timeout. She told me she didn't need out business. We had buried our grandmother earlier that day and I know I was already sensitive but I've never had such a hurtful restaurant experience.

10  Thank Christinesimpkins
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Food is fantastic and atmosphere is warm and cozy. All the rooms have beautiful antiques. The staff is outstanding and treat you like family.

1  Thank Jeannette B