New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

General Lewis Inn - Jefferson Dining Room
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve contemporary Southern cuisine, in a farm to table format. We believe that excellent food should taste excellent.
“loved it so much I got married there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I regularly travel to the area for business and always stay at the General Lewis Inn. I loved it so much I got married in their garden. The food is also wonderful!!

Visited March 2014

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Retreat in Time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

A calm restful inn to take time to reconnect to friends and family. I love the food and the service was great. It is like taking a step back in time with the decor and the furnishings. Reminds us to slow down and enjoy our company.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carol A
Statesville, North Carolina
“Worth a Trip into the Past”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food is good but don't expect great food and the dining experience is more upscale hotel than fine dining (it is after all an Inn). The Inn is full of character and charm and history. I loved eating and thinking about who had been in the Inn and what types of events had occurred in that Historic Spot.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank CHRIS M
Orlando, Florida
“I literally left crying”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The owner asked my family and I to leave after my two year old cried for about 30 seconds during a timeout. She told me she didn't need out business. We had buried our grandmother earlier that day and I know I was already sensitive but I've never had such a hurtful restaurant experience.

• Visited March 2013
8 Thank Christinesimpkins
Glen Allen, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treat you like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Food is fantastic and atmosphere is warm and cozy. All the rooms have beautiful antiques. The staff is outstanding and treat you like family.

Visited January 2014