“Delicious stop on the way to Snowshoe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of General Lewis Inn - Jefferson Dining Room

General Lewis Inn - Jefferson Dining Room
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve contemporary Southern cuisine, in a farm to table format. We believe that excellent food should taste excellent.
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious stop on the way to Snowshoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Delicious and charming place for lunch. We stopped on the way to Snowshoe for a quick skiing trip. It was so good we decided to stop on the way back. Extremely friendly wait staff. The tomato soup, reuben sandwich and cherry cobbler was the best we had ever had. Everyone loved what they had including the hard to please kids. Restaurant is located in an historic Lewisburg bed and breakfast.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NomadicKat

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Charming Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Budget Travel magazine named Lewisburg, WV as the Coolest Small Town in America, and once you visit, I think you may agree. The general Lewis Inn is a particular treasure. My husband and I stayed at the the Inn for our second anniversary many years ago. Our children have heard about it many times, so it was a particular pleasure to take them, along with my sister, nephew, and parents to the Inn for their famous Sunday Brunch. Aside from the extreme charm of the Inn itself, the food is fresh and expertly prepared. I ordered the Eggs Benedict. Slicing into the poached egg, we notice that the yolk was a bright orange color, indicating that it was fresh from cage free hens. (We later learned that the eggs, along with the other ingredients used at the inn, are purchased from local farms whenever possible.) Not only was the color beautiful, but the aroma was amazing, prompting my normally picky teen to request a taste. She liked it as much as I did, so I gave her half of it in exchange for half of her brunch. Hers was baked brie drizzled with honey and topped with pecans, crackers and fresh fruit. My dad ordered the Redneck Benedict, a biscuit halved, and topped with country sausage gravy and fried eggs. All brunch items are accompanied by country potatoes fried with onions. Everything was fresh and so yummy, and the service was excellent. Afterwards we were able to look around the Inn. The hostess at the front desk told us to "feel free to look in any rooms that are open." The rooms are furnished in antiques, but also have private baths and TVs. Be sure to read about the history of the Inn. Two rooms, 206 and 210 are said to be haunted. We will most assuredly return to the Inn.

• Visited October 2013
Chambersburg
“Rustic Charm! Very Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sunday Brunch was awesome! The wait staff was very attentive, obviously well-trained and strived to make sure we were well-fed and pleased with our experience. We will return every chance we get!

Visited October 2013
Lexington Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had breakfast twice and dinner once at the General Lewis Inn Restaurant. Wonderful service all three times. This was some good cooking! I don't normally eat at hotel restaurants, but do not pass up on eating here. This was some of the best food I had on my entire trip. Even better than my lunch at the Greenbrier Resort. And I guarantee you will not go away humgry!! And don't pass up the homemade jam and apple butter at breakfast - yum.

Visited October 2013
“Amazing Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a Sunday brunch at the General Lewis Inn. The fruit and oatmeal brunch special was fresh and delicious. I also had the squeezed orange juice which was amazing. The ambiance is charming and friendly. It feels like home.

• Visited April 2013