“Rustic Charm! Very Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars

General Lewis Inn - Jefferson Dining Room
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve contemporary Southern cuisine, in a farm to table format. We believe that excellent food should taste excellent.
Chambersburg
“Rustic Charm! Very Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sunday Brunch was awesome! The wait staff was very attentive, obviously well-trained and strived to make sure we were well-fed and pleased with our experience. We will return every chance we get!

Visited October 2013

Lexington Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had breakfast twice and dinner once at the General Lewis Inn Restaurant. Wonderful service all three times. This was some good cooking! I don't normally eat at hotel restaurants, but do not pass up on eating here. This was some of the best food I had on my entire trip. Even better than my lunch at the Greenbrier Resort. And I guarantee you will not go away humgry!! And don't pass up the homemade jam and apple butter at breakfast - yum.

Visited October 2013
“Amazing Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a Sunday brunch at the General Lewis Inn. The fruit and oatmeal brunch special was fresh and delicious. I also had the squeezed orange juice which was amazing. The ambiance is charming and friendly. It feels like home.

• Visited April 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Breakfast of champions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I could smell the breakfast being cooked -- onions, biscuits, great coffee -- so I was hungry before I came down stairs. Really good homemade baking powder biscuits, home fries like home. And endless coffee.

Visited September 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
“Tasteful in Every Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast there twice, and both times, we were treated in a relaxed, friendly, yet efficient way. The food is basically along old southern cooking lines, and just unbelievably good-the feathery biscuits must come down from the sky! The value is extremely high. Chintz table toppers with matching napkins add charm, as well as the garden bouquets in small vases. You'll never find better staff anywhere.

Visited September 2013