“Service slow, good bread and entree” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Food & Friends

Food & Friends
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy spot where innovative fare such as the bourbon salmon salad & crab dip draws a bustling crowd.
seattle, wa
“Service slow, good bread and entree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had a recent birthday dinner here while passing through. My husband and I split the grouper special, which was topped with scampi sauce. We needed to ask for more scampi sauce (which required multiple flagging downs of our server) but once we added more sauce, it was excellent.
The bread, served in terra-cotta flower pots, was excellent. And do try the peanut butter pie, which is also quite tasty.

Visited August 2014

Hurricane, West Virginia
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

First time trip advisor steered me wrong! Not good food for the price and location (lewisburg is so quaint and beautiful). I ordered the steak wrap - it was shaved fatty beef, not steak at all! Lettuce and tomatoes were wilted and tasteless - unacceptable for this time of year! Dressing had no flavor, feta cheese was cheap. I omitted the salad after looking around at other tables - all iceberg lettuce. My husband and nephew enjoyed their greasy burger and Reuben, so if you're interested in fattening average food this is the place for you! We should have revisited the Stardust Cafe up the street - for the same price we could have enjoyed fresh local food, good salad, sustainable beef and chicken. Much healthier and tastier!!!

The only positive for me was the attentive service. I actually had to turn down a drink refilll.

Will not be back. Fast food would have been 1/3 of the price and probably better! They had a good lunch crowd on a Tuesday, so business should be good enough to improve the quality of food!

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank betherd85
Westminster, Colorado
“One of Our Fav's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We always try to make it to Lewisburg when we are visiting family in Wv. It is a quaint little town with shopping and some great food. We have been eating at this establishment for several years and as I stated we 'always' make it here to eat when we are in Wv. We have tried both lunch and dinner. They are closed on Monday's so time your visit and you will not be disapointed!

Visited July 2014
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“We Liked It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Unlike some of the other reviews, we found the food and service to be very good! We were promptly greeted and seated. The crab bite appetizer, though ordinary, was very good. My husband had beef that was exceptionally tender and tasty. I had Meditterranean salmon which was also very flavorful. The bread pudding dessert was amazing! The atmosphere was cozy. Would definitely recommend this place if you are in the quaint town of Lewisburg WV.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Unique and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted warmly. Seated promptly. Served quickly. Meals were prepared perfectly. Everything was delicious! Servers were friendly. This town is fantastic!! We will visit Lewisburg and this eatery again!!