“We always visit here when we are in town”
Review of Food & Friends

Food & Friends
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cozy spot where innovative fare such as the bourbon salmon salad & crab dip draws a bustling crowd.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We always dine here when in town. It's always so good, tonight was okay, but not to rave about as we usually do. Food wasn't cooked as ordered and just didn't taste as good. Now I won't say it was bad by any means, just not as usual! We were also there 2 hours! Which I feel was a little ridiculous considering we had reservations and were taken directly to our seats, this wasn't any wait time to be seated!

2  Thank AroundNAround

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I drove from Maryland to WV last week to visit my family and with being from there means I have went to Food and Friends for many years. The first thing on my agenda was to get my usual Steakhouse Salad. I was never so disappointed over food in my entire life. They have totally wrecked this salad. I am used to juicy, lean cut steak medallions. This was like very low grade, thin, rubbery lunch meat! No more cherry tomatoes but sliced bitter tomatoes. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that they need to get with the program and get back on track to the old version of this salad! The bread was not as good as it once was. The poppyseed dressing was still very good but what good does that do when the salad is bad? I hope they work on this!

2  Thank msski66
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The meal was a solid value and the food was excellent. I enjoyed a Greek Salmon dish, which was terrific. Their entrees are mostly under thirty dollars, and come with a soup or salad choice. The restaurant itself is situated in a charming older building. The service was solid; I highly recommend this one.

1  Thank labor2
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Blackened prime rib (the special), fresh, crisp veggies, good salad. All excellent. Many choices available, most with an interesting twist. Home baked bread. Wine selection. Our server was quite good. Entrees in the $18-$26 range.

I noticed a smaller dining area that would be perfect for a larger group.

Too bad this restaurant isn't closer to home! It would be a favorite.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Didn't have high expectations going to this unassuming restaurant in the small town of Lewisburg, but everyone really enjoyed their food, particularly the chef's evening special of pan-seared grouper. The only really disappointment was the wine selection. Ordered one chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." ... Well, what do you have? ... and they came up with a lesser chardonnay than all three first tried.

1  Thank hsbvim