New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Food & Friends

Food & Friends
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy spot where innovative fare such as the bourbon salmon salad & crab dip draws a bustling crowd.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Disappointed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I drove from Maryland to WV last week to visit my family and with being from there means I have went to Food and Friends for many years. The first thing on my agenda was to get my usual Steakhouse Salad. I was never so disappointed over food in my entire life. They have totally wrecked this salad. I am used to juicy, lean cut steak medallions. This was like very low grade, thin, rubbery lunch meat! No more cherry tomatoes but sliced bitter tomatoes. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that they need to get with the program and get back on track to the old version of this salad! The bread was not as good as it once was. The poppyseed dressing was still very good but what good does that do when the salad is bad? I hope they work on this!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank msski66

Dallas, Texas
“Good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The meal was a solid value and the food was excellent. I enjoyed a Greek Salmon dish, which was terrific. Their entrees are mostly under thirty dollars, and come with a soup or salad choice. The restaurant itself is situated in a charming older building. The service was solid; I highly recommend this one.

1 Thank labor2
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Excellent dinner. Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Blackened prime rib (the special), fresh, crisp veggies, good salad. All excellent. Many choices available, most with an interesting twist. Home baked bread. Wine selection. Our server was quite good. Entrees in the $18-$26 range.

I noticed a smaller dining area that would be perfect for a larger group.

Too bad this restaurant isn't closer to home! It would be a favorite.

Columbus, Ohio
“Better meal than expected in a small town setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Didn't have high expectations going to this unassuming restaurant in the small town of Lewisburg, but everyone really enjoyed their food, particularly the chef's evening special of pan-seared grouper. The only really disappointment was the wine selection. Ordered one chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." ... Well, what do you have? ... and they came up with a lesser chardonnay than all three first tried.

1 Thank hsbvim
Pensacola, Florida
“Slow kitchen, uncaring management, so so food, not worth the effort!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

An hour and ten minute wait at our table to get our entree made a good meal taste bad. Instead of an apology or free appetizer we were told a large group had arrived and they were running behind. The soup, salad and bread were nothing special. Our steaks were very tender and cooked properly but not outstanding enough to qualify the long wait.

• 2 of 5 stars