“Better meal than expected in a small town setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Food & Friends

Food & Friends
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cozy spot where innovative fare such as the bourbon salmon salad & crab dip draws a bustling crowd.
Columbus, Ohio
“Better meal than expected in a small town setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Didn't have high expectations going to this unassuming restaurant in the small town of Lewisburg, but everyone really enjoyed their food, particularly the chef's evening special of pan-seared grouper. The only really disappointment was the wine selection. Ordered one chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." ... Well, what do you have? ... and they came up with a lesser chardonnay than all three first tried.

• 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank hsbvim

Pensacola, Florida
“Slow kitchen, uncaring management, so so food, not worth the effort!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

An hour and ten minute wait at our table to get our entree made a good meal taste bad. Instead of an apology or free appetizer we were told a large group had arrived and they were running behind. The soup, salad and bread were nothing special. Our steaks were very tender and cooked properly but not outstanding enough to qualify the long wait.

• 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank TheMaven2u
Chambersburg
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Best filet I have eaten in a long time and everyone in our party raved about their meals. Service was a bit slow but it was a very busy Friday night on a holiday weekend. The menu is extensive and the atmosphere is very comfortable. Don't pass the chocolate counter without a taste!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ChambersburgParagon
“Road warrior dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel alot for my job and while I usually don't mind the driving, I do look forward to checking into my hotel early and then hot footing it to a Trip Advisor suggestion restaurant where ever
I have found my hotel.

So Food and Friends restaurant popped up as a good choice for dinner after a VERY LONG drive. So I requested a table with a light so I could relax and read and unwind.

I ordered a cocktail and then the waitress assumed a real attitude and started to RUSH me.
I was not hungry and I ordered a side salad (which was completely delicious as was the blue cheese salad dressing). I started to think that I could return for this same salad for lunch the next day. The attitude on the part of the waitress was so completely undeserved. I think she was annoyed that I was a single at a four top. My other appetizer arrived at the table --again in record time. I was starting to feel irritated. The waitress was really RUSHING me. I paid the bill and just at that moment, the evening manager stopped and asked if everything had been OK--I said: not really because I was RUSHED out the door. He looked at me and shrugged and said: sorry about that . I doubt it. So cross this restaurant off my Lewisburg list. I am here on business and my business contact is someone I like to take to lunch and dinner when appropriate. I could have suggested this restaurant but certainly will not. The food was good and regrettably I am so miffed by this poor behavior. And what is even worse is: this review will not make one bit of difference to this restaurant because this restaurant has a great reputation and is busy. Losing one disgruntled customer will mean absolutely nothing to them. Means a lot to me, though. Too bad.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank K1103
Akron, Ohio
“great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

went on mothers day, great food, pricing a little high but was ok, good menu selection and great service

Visited May 2013