“Best Bagels In US” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bakery

The Bakery
102 N. Court St., 102 N. Court St., 24901, Lewisburg, West Virginia, Lewisburg, WV 24901
304-645-1106
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, West Virginia
“Best Bagels In US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have a small vacation cabin in Lewisburg and have for 37 years. I have never missed a Saturday visit to the Bakery for a dozen Bagels. They are true water bagels and even New York doesn't have any to top these. Don't pass up the sticky buns either.

Visited August 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Had a good bagel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Not an NYC bagel, but not bad. Definitely above a 'roll' that most people call a bagel. One review said they drove 3 hours for the bagels. For that, I'd drive to NY.

Visited May 2014
Dayton, OH
“Excellent bagel and great baked goods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I am a huge bagel fan so I was a bit skeptical to read that someone travels 3 hrs to get bagels from here. I understand and support the other reviewer in their decision to do this. Chewy, but soft these are some of the finest bagels I have had. They require just enough bite, clamp, and pull to truly distinguish themselves from bread without making your mouth sore with chewing. At 14 for a dozen they are definitely more expensive than a grocery store purchase. They also have a small deli/sandwich counter and what appeared to be beautiful pizza(very large slices) made in their brick oven. We also had a kitchen sink cookie and 7 layer bar, both which were nicely sized, tender and great after lunch treat. The bakery appears to provide goods to local restaurants and carry loaf bread from another local baker.

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Terrific bagels, amazing pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Bakery is a blend of deli, sandwiches, pastry, pizza, coffee, salads...it is really a take out since I think it only has two tables...and sometimes it is necessary to reserve your bagels unless you are going to be in early. The sometimes have a luncheon meat pizza that is breathtaking, their pastry is really, really good.

Visited March 2014
Ohio
“Best Bagels......EVER!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drive for 3 hrs just to get their salt bagels!!!!!! They are the best bagels we have found!!!!! When we get a desire for them we call ahead and order a dozen or two to bring back home to Ohio with us. I put them in the frig and take them out and throw them in the toaster and bam, just as good as when I got them fresh!!!!!!! If your in the area I would HIGHLY recommend you stop by and the owners and workers there are SUPER nice!!!!!!!! (And yes we drive for 3 hrs. just for them)

Visited March 2014