“Excellent bagel and great baked goods”
Review of The Bakery

The Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Lewisburg
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I am a huge bagel fan so I was a bit skeptical to read that someone travels 3 hrs to get bagels from here. I understand and support the other reviewer in their decision to do this. Chewy, but soft these are some of the finest bagels I have had. They require just enough bite, clamp, and pull to truly distinguish themselves from bread without making your mouth sore with chewing. At 14 for a dozen they are definitely more expensive than a grocery store purchase. They also have a small deli/sandwich counter and what appeared to be beautiful pizza(very large slices) made in their brick oven. We also had a kitchen sink cookie and 7 layer bar, both which were nicely sized, tender and great after lunch treat. The bakery appears to provide goods to local restaurants and carry loaf bread from another local baker.

There are newer reviews for The Bakery

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Bakery is a blend of deli, sandwiches, pastry, pizza, coffee, salads...it is really a take out since I think it only has two tables...and sometimes it is necessary to reserve your bagels unless you are going to be in early. The sometimes have a luncheon meat pizza that is breathtaking, their pastry is really, really good.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I drive for 3 hrs just to get their salt bagels!!!!!! They are the best bagels we have found!!!!! When we get a desire for them we call ahead and order a dozen or two to bring back home to Ohio with us. I put them in the frig and take them out and throw them in the toaster and bam, just as good as when I got them fresh!!!!!!! If your in the area I would HIGHLY recommend you stop by and the owners and workers there are SUPER nice!!!!!!!! (And yes we drive for 3 hrs. just for them)

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was a terrific value and the food was excellent. I enjoyed the hot open roast beef sandwich on one occasion and the chicken salad on another. The bread was freshly baked and the dessert offerings looked excellent, although I did not indulge. This is a nice take out only lunch with a friendly staff and great food. I strongly suggest giving this charming establishment a try!