“A Very enlightening visit”

Greenbrier Historical Society and North House Museum
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Lewisburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed October 5, 2017

My husband, sister and I recently visited this North House Musum. We had a very enlightening tour and learned many new things of the era. The docant did a great job showing us the house and talking about the era. We really enjoyed our visit to the Home and museum. We highly recommend touring this Home

All reviews
"era"
"knowledge"
"wv"

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed learning about LewIsburg. Our guide did a good job sharing his knowledge of the home and the area. I would recommend the tour for anyone interested in history.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We almost missed this gem during our one day stop in Lewisburg - and it would have been our loss. The building and the grounds are very nice. The exhibits in the various rooms of the house are extremely interesting - my husband spent a long time admiring the first rural route delivery wagon (horse drawn) in the country. Some of the exhibits are original to the house along with some offerings that seem out of place (i.e.,special dolls), but still interesting. What really made our visit out of the ordinary was the enthusiasm and knowledge of our docent, Ben Anderson. My husband and I thought he was a college student, but he just graduated from high school! The stories and tidbits of information he shared were fantastic! So glad we stopped here.

1  Thank Bettie W
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I grew up in Lewisburg, WV and didn't realize that is was the Turkey Capital for a while and there was a railroad that came through town to pick up the Turkeys! I really enjoyed this tour and have told so many people about it. It is a must do while in town.

1  Thank Roadtriplady14
See more reviews
Reviewed August 9, 2017

This Museum was recommended by the Visitor's Center and we were so glad we went. The museum has rooms in the 1st and 2nd floors full of historical items. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and interesting. He also gave us time to look at all the items. I would recommend this tour to everyone.