“Slow at first but better later”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #36 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Dunbar, West Virginia
“Slow at first but better later”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We like Bob Evans. There was no one to greet us or seat us for about 4-5 minutes. We stood there waiting. After being seated, our server did great. The food is always good at Bob Evans!

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We enjoyed a nice dinner here while we were staying overnight in a nearby hotel. The food was delicious and served as ordered.

Visited June 2014
Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst dining experience ever...”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We love eating at Bob Evens on road trips but tonight was an experience we will never forget. Slow service, we were being watched like zoo animals when we walked in, the wait staff started fighting over who would take us (not I want them but you take them) after being seated we over heard our waitress tell the cook that "that one get the spit" (talking about another customers food), we hadn't ordered yet. After a long debate with my wife about leaving or staying we decided to stay... Why??? Big mistake. The coffee had more grounds than it did water, my wife found chicken in her Mac and cheese, her meat loaf was burnt crispy, and my cole slaw came from a container that had been sitting on the counter prior to us being seated 45 minutes earlier. Poor service, poor food, and poor language for a family restaurant.

1 Thank Familyvacat
West Virginia
“Best Bob Evans Around!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I normally don't review and rate lower-cost chain restaurants, but I must say that this Bob Evans shines above the others I have eaten in and I wanted to give them some recognition. I have eaten there multiple times and the staff is always very friendly and the food is great. If you are ever travelling on I-64 near the West Virginia / Virginia border and need a pit stop to eat, drop in on this Bob Evans.

Visited January 2014
Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Deceptive advertising”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stopped here on our way back from a trip to Kentucky. The menu offered a 'special' which both of us ordered. The service was slow (very- almost two hours altogether) and the waitress did not seem to be having a good day. The special included an appetizer, an entrée and a dessert. When we got the bill (after waiting forever and a day and going to look for the waitress), it had an upcharge for the pie (which we had asked to go since the service was so slow). We took our pie up to the counter and asked why our two $10.00 specials had become $35.00. The cashier said that pie was part of the special and they charged extra for that and they also charged extra to change the mashed potato to a sweet potato. The waitress had never mentioned anything about either charge and we were told 'too bad, nothing we can do about it'. We handed him back the pie and said 'take it off the bill'. So, we got no dessert for our 'special' and had to pay extra for changing the type of potato. Crazy. Avoid this place. I will never frequent a Bob Evans again.

• Visited November 2013