“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Stella's
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Stella's is a special experience in a special town. Take a step back in time to the romance period of the West Virginia mountains, meet the people who've made this historic town their home and enjoy the community spirit that has made Lewisburg grow and prosper. Stella's is a true reflection of this town's spirit, its warmth, charm and above all, it's hospitality. Its everything our mother, Alice Stella would have wanted. See for yourself and join us at Stella's!
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure why Stella's is not ranked as a Lewisburg restaurant, but it has been a great place to stop as we make long drives down I64. Service is friendly and makes you feel like old friends. The menu has creative choices and they are done well. The beet/rhubarb salad I had was a fun mix of flavors and the entree was great. This is our third stop here and our experience has always been excellent. The atmosphere is "elegant but not stuffy" and the eating areas are broken up to allow some quiet reflection over well prepared food. There are some great places to eat in this charming town, you won't regret your visit with Stella.

Visited April 2013

Jonesborough, Tennessee, United States
“Third time's a(nother) charm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is a a little (a block or so) off of Main Street in Lewisburg, WV (111 South Lafayette, 24901). I recommend it very highly.

This is a great place for a romantic meal, a business meal, or a meal with special friends. They serve wine and beer, but there is no bar. That helps keep the noise level down to a very reasonable level.

Three years ago, I visited Stella's during it's first week of operation. A friend and I had just attended the Cast-Iron Cookoff at the Greenbrier in WV, and we were looking for a place to have breakfast. We have been working on a study--and now a book--that centers on local food as sustainable economic development, so we tend to seek out places that feature local food. We happened upon Stella's, and were absolutely impressed by the atmosphere, the service, and--most importantly--the food. The woman who waited on us was friendly, warm, and well-prepared to answer our questions about the food and the restaurant. We left hoping that Stella's would really grow and prosper. We returned there the following year with friends--a chef, the president of Slow Food Asheville, and a representative from the Appalachian Regional Commission. Except for the fact that the place had been more fully decorated and there were more customers, we were thrilled to find that Stella's offered the same excellent, warm service and the same terrific food as they year before. All of us were delighted with the food and the experience. This year, my husband and I stopped there to eat brunch on the Sunday after the Cast Iron Cookoff. He ordered a hamburger, and I ordered the day's omelet special: fresh trout with local cheese. The beef, the fish, and the cheese were all local. As I looked down at the omelet, I could tell by the lovely yellow color of the eggs that they were local. My husband's burger was cooked just as he ordered it, and it was juicy and flavorful. Both of us were impressed by the food, and we are a little hard to please, since his family raises its own beef. The service was the same, the excellent quality of the food was the same, and the charming atmosphere was just as I remembered it. Most restaurants underwhelm me, but Stella's will have my business every time I visit Lewisburg! Here's one last thing to think about: I found the food at Stella's far superior to that at the world-renowned, five-star Greenbrier, just a few miles up the road.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Katie H
Asheville, North Carolina
“Could not be happier!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have visited this beautiful restaurant several times over the past couple years and actually my bridal luncheon was held here this past July, but I have not had time to write a review. I LOVE Stella's!!!! This place is not only cool looking, but so dang tasty. Even better.... they accommodate to my vegan needs- not only with entrees but desserts!!! Holla! All you vegans out there know that you are damn lucky if you get a vegan entree, but dessert too....HEAVEN~!!!!
I highly recommend this place. Chef & staff are superb!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank txwv2016
Snowshoe, West Virginia
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent food, and the best carrot cake around. Cozy restaurant that has a unique (for WV highlands) menu. One of my favorites in Lewisburg.

2 Thank Rondi F
Virginia
“Sweet delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very clean, bright and well appointed house with equally nice food. Sweet place. Service was suberb, food was good and brunch prices were very reasonable. Would eat there again, if we get back to Lewisburg.

• Visited November 2012