“Recovery - July 2012”
Review of Stella's - CLOSED

Stella's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Stella's is a special experience in a special town. Take a step back in time to the romance period of the West Virginia mountains, meet the people who've made this historic town their home and enjoy the community spirit that has made Lewisburg grow and prosper. Stella's is a true reflection of this town's spirit, its warmth, charm and above all, it's hospitality. Its everything our mother, Alice Stella would have wanted. See for yourself and join us at Stella's!
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We came for the Greenbrier Classic golf tournament and we're surprised to see a community hit by a major "land hurricane" taking 100 year old trees down like twigs. Six days later, power was restored in the area on the day we arrived and we happened upon Stella's, a finely restored Victorian era home/restaurant.

The setting was quite charming, the service was as well. Our food was on a par (no golf pun intended) with fine restaurants in other much more cosmopolitan areas.

Would love to see a few less pricey entrees, otherwise we'd love to revisit. $25-30 entrees being close to average is pricey for this part of the world, knowing the "sustainable" movement they convey is a big selling point, I would like to keep my wallet a little more sustainable as well. We would love to spend about $15-22 an entree versus the $25- 30 that they offer. There a couple lower priced items, so don't think that everything is upscale.

I will say that if you're looking for a special place, this qualifies. Just not a regular place based on pricing.

We'll be back for that special occasion when in the area. We're North Carolinians that loved their presentation. Quaint, charming, worth the special visit.

2  Thank TheCreekMan

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband, son and I had dinner here in May and it was fabulous. The stuffed mushrooms were incredibly good. The wine was excellent. The scallop dish I had was awesome and I am usually weary of ordering scallops because they are often overcooked. These scallops were seared to perfection. The service was good but not excellent. We have eaten almost everywhere in Lewisburg (we come thru there quite often) and this is hands down the best meal we have ate in Lewisburg. We have not tried the italian place yet but plan to on our next visit if Stella's is not open.

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

The food at Stella's is carefully prepared, rich, and decadent! The service is always polite, but very slow. I finished both my and my husband's water. I wasn't asked if I needed anything until I finished eating. We had to flag down a different server (ours was nowhere to be found) for salt and pepper.
The restaurant is in a remodeled Victorian home--lovely details everywhere you look. I only have two small complaints in addition to the service--(1)Sound carries too well. I can hear a jumble of all the conversations around me. I think it's the architecture. (2)The hours of operation are very limited--and unpredictable! The website needs updated with their hours.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

On a recent trip here for business and pleasure we had dinner and brunch at Stella's. The food was amazing both times with wonderful friendly service. We ate at other restaurants in town but none compared to this gem. Definitely worth a visit if you are in town. They are opening a new restaurant soon called "The Livery" and we can't wait to try it out on our next visit. We are definitely "foodies" and this place surpassed our expectations!
bandh, Charlotte NC

1  Thank be714
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stella's is in a delightfully renovated cottage with a glorious garden and fountain to encourage summer outdoor dining. Dress is anything from jeans to the little black dress and the food is divine - The Livery and Stella's share Reed, outdoubtedly the best chef in Lewisburg.

We have eaten there many times both lunch and dinner and I have never been disappointed. If you can't do spicy, ask...a few of the menu items can be spicy and they can be adjusted to taste. Desserts feature Sticky Toffee Pudding (an English date cake with sauce) that is unresistable, a creme brulee (a husband pleaser) and a flourless chocolate cake among other creations.

Check their hours and days open - at last report they are closed Tuesdays and Wednesday.