“One of the Best”

Stella's
Ranked #15 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Stella's is a special experience in a special town. Take a step back in time to the romance period of the West Virginia mountains, meet the people who've made this historic town their home and enjoy the community spirit that has made Lewisburg grow and prosper. Stella's is a true reflection of this town's spirit, its warmth, charm and above all, it's hospitality. Its everything our mother, Alice Stella would have wanted. See for yourself and join us at Stella's!
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times when staying at the Greenbrier and it is one of the best restaurants we have enjoyed. The food is exceptional, the decor very nice and the sister who runs it is an absolute delight. The food can be rich and the portions generous so keep that in mind when ordering. We can't wait for the other sister to open the Livery restaurant a block or so away later this month or next.

There are newer reviews for Stella's

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stella's is located in a nicely refurbished old house decorated in cheery whites and light yellow walls. The dining rooms are intimate, have lots of windows, with not too many tables in each area.
Although the menus are limited in terms of items served, most people should be able to find something that pleases them. I had the Maryland fried chicken--a generous portion of moist breast meat and delicious home fries. My wife chose the mushroom and artichoke crepe (delicious but it could have been served a little warmer), and our cousin enjoyed the omelet du jour--with a nicely seasoned mixture of diced vegetables. Our waiter informed us that the kitchen will attempt to accommodate requests for other types of omelets as well. Several of the other guests appeared to be ordering the Stella burger--a sandwich large enough that should satisfy almost any appetite. All meals were beautifully presented.
Stella's regular lunch and dinner menus were equally interesting containing meat, fish, and pasta entries, as well as soups and salads and other appetizers.. The wine menu contained a nice selection of wines--most at a reasonable price. Bottled beer also is available although the variety is limited.
The wait staff is friendly, efficient and helpful without being intrusive. This is an elegant little restaurant that is well worth a visit. We will happily go there again next time we are in Lewisburg.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We keep planning to return but can't get the timing right! Nice Victorian house that's very bright and cheery, and even the decaf is tasty!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

OK, so me and my girlfriend are locals and this is easily my favoite restaurant for lunch or dinner in all of Lewisburg. I have had everthing on the menu at least once and I can say the only thing I haven't been taken back by is the burger. The atmosphere is beautiful all the way down to the bathrooms. The service is about the only thing that could be improved upon, and thats only cause I am trying to find something wrong with this place.

1  Thank Jean P
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The food at Stella's is carefully prepared, rich, and decadent! The service is always polite. The restaurant is in a remodeled Victorian home--lovely details everywhere you look. I only have two small complaints--(1)Sound carries too well. I can hear a jumble of all the conversations around me. I think it's the architecture. (2)The hours of operation are very limited--lunch and dinner Thursday through Saturday and Sunday Brunch. They're closed Monday through Wednesday.

1  Thank katmar13