WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Central Wisconsin
“This new, upgraded Fairfield Inn concept is beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Lewisburg, WV is less than a year old. Three of my buddies and I were in the area for a five day trip to motorcycle in the area. It was perfect for convenience and quiet. The guest rooms are a significant upgrade from the old Fairfield layout. The lobby and breakfast/lounge area is spacious, bright, and very comfortable. The rooms are larger with flat screen TV's with very nice linens. The bathrooms in the old layout were small and cramped. Not so with the new layout. I used to avoid the Fairfield Inns of the past and probably will continue to avoid the smaller layouts but this new layout is very desirable. I would give this location as an alternative to staying at the more expensive Greenbriar Resort if you are in the area for other than the spa and golf facilities.

Room Tip: We took what they gave us and it was very nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank 1623

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel was a very welcome reprieve from a very long days drive with 400 miles more to go the next day! While the front desk clerk was questionable (I asked for a quiet room and she gave me a first floor room next to the rear exit????), the rest of the staff, especially the breakfast attendant, were perfect.

The property is located well with fast food and moderate resturants all within walking distance. There is also a Kmart nearby as well.

The hotel is very clean and the pool is one of the largest I've seen at a Fairfield. The room was large and very clean as well. The bathroom was huge with tons of counter space...what a treat!

I would happily recommend and/or stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank aspowie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Hotel was fairly new and you could tell they strive to keep it top notch. The staff was great and housekeeping wonderful. so was breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mintyclean
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Fine hotel. Nothing negative to say. Clean, new, tidy, breakfast was ordinary but as expected. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was passing through West Virginia and Lewisburg was the right distance between destinations. What a nice surprise to find this Fairfield Inn. I'm guessing that it's a new hotel, the room was wonderfully clean, beds were perfect, bathroom was spotless. On check-in I was greeted by a cheerful young woman at the desk. I used the workout room and the dinky pool, both were great. Check-out was automatic, no surprises.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Staunton, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

We checked in late, after 10:30pm (preapproved). We had two rooms with (3) 12 yr old's, (1) 4, 14 & 15 yr old. So maybe we were not the quitest group however we were NOT extremely loud. I suppose doors opening and closing disturbed the 2 rooms next to us and within an hour an "extremely rude" asst. mgr was knocking on the door and I advised that her conversation was the loudest in the whole hour we were there. The next morning the owner, Michael Dotson, gave us one hour to check out and would not refund my money that was paid in advance for two nights! Also, I asked for complaint specifics (4 times) he could not give me one other than noisey?? He is extremely RUDE! A HORRIBLE experience! We moved to Quality Inn THEY WERE AWESOME!! Would not recommend with children!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

I am a Marriott rewards member and have always had good luck with Marriott hotels but this was no JW. The hotel is new. It is clean. We arrived around 4:30pm and were told our room would be ready soon and that we would get a call. (what happened to checking in after 3pm?) The kids room was ready (2 Queens) so we dropped off our stuff with them. After an evening out, and NO call btw, we came back at 10pm to find we had a room on a different floor away from our kids and that our KING room was given to someone else. So, after 20 mins in the lobby, the clerk asked if I could wait another 20 mins for the manager. Im sure the look on my face was priceless at this point! I said, NO, I really just wanted to get to sleep. So, after moving our children out of their room, they found 2 rooms close on a different floor. I did not get the requested KING I had reserved (for my new husband and I) and the beds were quite hard. I thought in this day and age all mattresses came with an automatic "pillow top". Yeah, no such luck. Its a flat, uncomfortable bed. The next day, the manager did offer to move us to a king, which we did. Unfortunately the poor service the night before left me with a bad experience as well as the ache in my back from the bed. I guess for the price and location its fine. If something goes wrong, just dont expect any sympathy from the staff. Breakfast was fine for the kids and they did enjoy the pool. It is easy access to town. The hotel, as I said, is fairly new and pretty clean. So if you dont care about comfort, you will probably enjoy this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank azharleygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
#6 of 7 in Lewisburg
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#1 of 4 in Covington

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!