See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 1, 2015

This was my first stay at a bed and breakfast and I have to stay the experience was great. Tom and his wife were so accommodating and had wonderful recommendations for places to eat and shop. Breakfast was relaxed and we chose the time we would like to eat. We stayed two nights in the American Eagle room, which was so pretty. Tom's son even made some of the furniture! Beautiful. We will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Malarie O
Reviewed October 21, 2014

On the plus side, the home is within walking distance of town and shops. The safe neighborhood is well established and the surrounding homes and people are nice. The retired owners were pleasant people. On the down side, the home is old and in need of some TLC and a good cleaning. The house had an unpleasant and peculiar odor which required our clothing to be laundered upon our return home. Noise from the hallway was easily heard late at night. Having stayed at other B & B, typically there is a nice variety for breakfast. I cannot say the same for this establishment. Although this bed and breakfast was recommended, I was very disappointed and could not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience here. Tom and Sheila are very friendly people. The home is very large with lots of unique items like handmade (by their son) beds and furniture. We stayed here one night and then one night at the General Lewis. I liked both but the room here at church st. Was much bigger and of course had breakfast too! Lewisburg is fun and has lots of good food places to eat. I highly recommend Stella's.

Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Church Street Bed and Breakfast when we were visiting for a family event in Lewisburg, WV. The house itself is historical and very lovely. High ceilings, lots of beautiful hardwood floors, antiques, and nice furnishings. Our room was the American Eagle room and it was decked out in red, white, and blue. Sheila and Tom were very welcoming and fun to talk to. They made us feel like family. The one "problem" I had with this bed and breakfast was that there was no air conditioning. We lucked out due to a cool weekend stay in June, but I can see it getting toasty in the hotter months. Overall, nice people and our room/bathroom was clean. Also - you are within a block to downtown where all the shops and restaurants are located. So, you can park and not have to drive anywhere the whole time! This was a definite positive!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sunflower35
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We just spent the long holiday weekend at Church Street B&B and found the property and proprietors to be charming and delightful. We hit it off with Sheila and Tom right away and they made us feel very welcome as guests in their home and took quite good care of us for 3 days and nights. It would not be the place for a romantic weekend getaway but if you just want a clean, comfortable place where you will be treated like family, I would highly recommend Church Street B&B.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple