“Safe bet...”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Getting lost in the beauty of fall recently, we found ourselves far from home with no reservations anywhere. The Quality inn was a pleasant surprise. The outside was kinda scary looking, parking was a hassel, but the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Was in town for a golf tournament. Room was clean and the help at the front desk was great. We arrived lated and needed more towels and the front desk quickly gave them to us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I had to stay in Lewisburg on business. It was a last minute trip and I hadn't prepared with a reservation. Quality Inn ended up being the only place with any vacancy. At first, I was a bit skeptical due to the outdoor access to the rooms, but upon entry a very friendly young man, Matt, greeted me with a big smile & warm welcome. He was very efficient at his job and very sweet in accomodating my very particular & slightly "OCD" needs. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Through out the evening I called him several times and he very promptly assisted me with every single request. That boy's going to be manager some day! He was the absolute definition of customer service! As far as the hotel itself.. no major complaints. I was rather unremarkable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our room was terrible. It's been a long, long time since we've stayed in a hotel outside the Marriott family. This experience was a culture shock. The Quality Inn is the antithesis of QUALITY.

We booked a non-smoking room and believe me, that's a JOKE. We knew that as soon as we entered the lobby - it reeked of smoke. My husband and I gave each other a knowing, disappointed look, but it was the only room in town. Believe me, we went to the visitor center to try to find another place to stay.

The motel-like rooms have external entry doors, and they have little stickers on them that say "non-smoking". Funny. The other guests stand right outside those doors on the walkway and smoke to their heart's content. You can't go outside without becoming choked by the vapors. What's worse, the AC vent is situated right out there by the walkway, so the cigarette smoke is sucked right into the room. The bed linens, the curtains, the carpet, the furniture, the lamp shade - it all reeked of smoke. It was totally terrible.

The carpet was filthy. The stains/dirt were only somewhat noticeable, but the carpet was STICKY, so there were no doubts about its condition. We kept shoes next to the bed to put on in case we needed to get up during the night, and we wore shoes until we went to bed. The stains on one of the chairs in the room were outrageously gross.

We went to a store for cleaning supplies because I just couldn't bed down in that place as it was. We got sanitizing wipes, Air Wick deodorizers, and Febreze. I used shampoo to wash out the ice bucket.

On a slightly more positive note, the lobby staff were friendly and efficient, the housekeeping staff did a good job of putting the room back together each day, the beds were quite comfortable, and the hotel is quiet. As far as the quietness goes, it was better than most Marriott's we have stayed in. We rarely heard any noise from other rooms, slamming doors, screaming kids, tvs, etc. For quietness, I give it A+.

If they want to advertise that they offer non-smoking rooms, then they need to make that a reality, rather than simply placing a sticker on the door/window.

Personally, I would never stay here again, but it does get decent reviews so it is clearly acceptable for some, especially if you don't have problem with the cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spacious, clean room. Located by good restaurants and downtown Lewisburg.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I booked a room about 2 weeks before the WV State Fair. After calling EVERY hotel in Lewisburg and finding that they were all booked, I was destined to stay at Quality Inn. We went to the fair first, and then checked in at around 5:30. There were four adults and two kids in our room (I know, extremely crowded!) So, I knew that we would definitely need extra towels, etc. The staff at the check-in counter (which I forgot to get their names) were extremely polite and accommodating! The fella there immediately delivered those items to our room. The room was very clean, modernly-updated, with a flat-screen TV and granite tile. The beds were very comfy, as were the pillows. The next morning I talked my family to the free breakfast (which they all whined about) and it was the BEST continental breakfast we've ever been served: biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, pastries, make-your-own-waffles, bagels, cereal, and yogurt with a rather large dining area. When we return for the fair next year, needless to say, I will be booking our room at Quality Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I almost didn't stay here because of some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a nice hotel, friendly people, good breakfast. I would stay again.
The only negative was that the carpet looked clean but when entering the shower there was some dirt washed off my feet. This more common than you would think in hotels lately. I call it my white sock test. If I can walk around in the room and the socks stay clean, that's a 5. If they are black, that's a 1. This hotel was 2.5. I mentioned this at checkout and they seemed concerned and wrote up a repair ticket.
The king mattress was a little soft and if one person moved the other was bounced around. Once we settled in, I slept well.

Room Tip: Located at I-64 exit 169 (Rt 219). Walmart is the next building down Rt 219.