“Great little Italian place!”
Review of Giovanni's - CLOSED

Giovanni's
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Giovanni's is a Wonderful Breakfast , Brunch, Lunch Cafe with outdoor Dining Options. Entrees served all day, Breakfast Menu is served all day. Pastries, Donuts, Muffins, Fresh Breads are made Daily Dessert, Cheesecakes. All of the meats , poultry, pork , beef are all supplied from local farms around Greenbrier County. Produce is also on hand year around . Stop by for some Coffee and some good conversation.
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Just finished a great take-out meal from Giovanni's. The calzone, pasta, and caesar salad were all great. Everyone there was extremely pleasant and helpful.

The pictures on-line don't actually show it, but there does seem to be some significant seating in the back that might be fun if we ever find our way back to Lewisburg,

1  Thank WanderingPair_com

Reviewed November 9, 2011

The pizza is unbelievable and the breadsticks second to none! Everything is homemade and fresh. Before you eat another generic fast food Italian knock off, you have to try Giovanni..

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Fresh, innovative, fast, friendly and funky! Everything is special, hard to make a recommendation as I've like everything ive had there. Soups, pizza, pasta, salads, veggie sides, all fantastic! Lewisburg is very lucky to have them!

1  Thank dedhammainetraveler
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We weren't too hungry, having travelled over the road most of the day and decided to do take-out based on Trip Advisor's reviews for Lewisburg area. We were going for pizza but when we got there the owner's wife suggested Roast Pork with greens and provolone hoagie. It was delicious. The added homemade rolls with garlic were super good. We each had a small salad. They tossed in some chips. For $22.50 we were stuffed. Would definitely stop in again when we are in the area. Only difficulty was finding the place. It is a blue building, not in correct order of numbers for address, and next to The Bisquit House.

1  Thank thetraveler002
Reviewed June 17, 2011

For 38 years I lived just outside of Boston's North End , "Little Italy", and grew up with authentic Italian food. Most of my friend's grandparents did not speak English. I moved to my husbands home town in a small West Virginia burg in 1988. When I moved to WV, I could not even buy riccota cheese or roma tomatoes! They had never even heard of them. As time went by stores started to carry more items needed to cook Itilian food. Still not a single restaurant with "real Itilian food". TILL NOW!
I had heard through the "grapevine" and reviews that this was the real deal but still was not sure. My husband had asked me to get something for supper on my trip to town. He had had a antipasto for lunch a while ago from here and said he liked it, so I thought I would get take out. YOU HAVE GOT TO EAT HERE! I ordered a small antipasto salad which consisted of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, olives, pepperchinni peppers, carrots, salami, ham, and mortadella cheese. A side dressing and grated parm cheese topped it off. Delecious and way too much for two people with sandwitches. I ordered a meatball sandwich for myself, Folks there is nothing I like more than a genuine meatball. Meatballs are not just hamburg, eggs and breadcrumbs, meatballs are about fresh hamburg, homemade breadcrumbs, fresh eggs, and herbs. This sandwich was the best I have had since 1988, dead on target. I got my husband his favorite sandwich, eggplant parm. Again fresh eggplant, homade breadcrumbs, fresh eggs, olive oil for browning the eggplant, and fresh cheese. Both sandwitches were made with homebaked hogie rolls, or we called them "sub" rolls. The sandwich was a piece of art!
For $21 we got an antipasto,dressing, grated parm cheese, 2 homemade garlic rolls, a meatball sandwich, a eggplant parm sandwich, and two bags of chips. Considering Arby's charges $4.96 for a regular processed roast beef sandwich and a medium drink, it is a piece of Itialy. Enjoy everyone!

1  Thank carriebell