“Beware, especially if traveling alone.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lee Street Inn Bed and Breakfast

Lee Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
Lee Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Lewisburg B&B and Inns
New Hampshire
“Beware, especially if traveling alone.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband called ahead earlier that day to make a reservation. He was told that I would have my choice of rooms, including a separate cottage for the same low rate. I arrived shortly after dark. The driveway was up-hill and had not been plowed. My all wheel drive made it up.

I went to the door. It was locked. A man was inside vacuuming. I rang the bell three times (twice after he stopped the vacuum) and he finally answered the door. He immediately started telling me that I should never buy this brand of vacuum because it did not pick up the dirt. I first thought he was just a cleaning person.

He continued to complain about having so much work to do. There were crates filling the lobby and mail spread all around. He was slurring his words. He also said he didn’t know how he would get all the things in the crates assembled. Then he told me he had spoken with my husband, but he had only gotten one room cleaned, so I would have to take that room. He then complained that he had hurt his back. He slightly staggered over to get the key and take me upstairs to show me the room. He dropped the key and almost fell over picking it up. Then he told me that since I was the only guest, he would not make a quiche for breakfast. He said he would make eggs and bacon. I said I was a vegetarian and would not eat bacon. He said he would eat it. He said he could give me instant oatmeal.

I followed him upstairs. As we passed one room, he said he could have given me that room, but the TV was broken and he had to get a man to help him carry it down to get it fixed. It was too heavy for him. He showed me my room and handed me the key. I was going out to eat first and planned to return after supper. Then he told me I would need to enter through the kitchen when I returned.

I went out to my car and turned it around facing down the driveway. I was very uncomfortable with the thought of staying the night. Every hair on my body was standing on end. I decided to go in and tell him I had received an emergence phone call and needed to head home immediately.

I went in to tell him. He said he had a 48 hour cancelation policy and I would have to pay for the room. I said, but you do not have any other guests. It is not like you turned anyone away. He said that this was how he made his living and he expected me to pay. I said I did not expect to find a lobby that I could not walk through and a proprietor that had been drinking. I handed the key and started to walk out. He chased me. I ran for me car, got in and locked the doors, and started down the drive. Because of his bad back he had not kept up with me. He started to step in front of my car. I swerved to miss him and rushed away.

When I got out of sight I pulled over and called home. I was so afraid that I kept looking in my rear view mirror. I went to the Holiday Inn. I was lucky he had not gotten my credit card number.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
24 Thank horselovernh

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Covington
Super 8 Lewisburg
Super 8 Lewisburg
#6 of 7 in Lewisburg

Been to Lee Street Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!