“November 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Lewisburg

Super 8 Lewisburg
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My fiancé and I travel about once a month. We try to budget efficiently for hotels due to how much we travel. Most of the times we end up in motels, such as Super 8. This motel although was clean happened to be outrageous in price for what it really is….a motel. The staff at this motel were rude. The man working that night was frustrated that I even wanted to stay there. He made it seem that I was a big inconvenience due to him just starting his nightly paper work. Furthermore, I wake in the morning to check my back account to find the motel has charged me twice for the night. When I go to check out I inquirer about the extra charged. The reply I was told was the Super 8 will add an extra nights billing as a deposit and will be returned to me in 7-8 business days. I have never came across this issue in my 3 years of traveling. That extra money the motel held was my vacation money, it would have been nice if someone told us beforehand. I should have went across the street to Quality Inn, same price better service. In the future I will never stay at a Super 8 again, even if it is the cheapest motel in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments that you have posted during your stay at our Super 8 in Lewisburg, West Virginia.

First of all I would like to clear up the issue with your credit or debit card. When you stay at any hotel your credit/debit card is authorized for your entire stay. Once you check out you are charged the actual amount. That is why you seen what you believe was two charges. It is up to your banks policy to when they release the authorization. I find it somewhat difficult that this is the first time you have seen this happen for the past 3 years at any hotel, this is common among all hotel brands. In fact we have signage at the front desk that specifically mentions the authorization on debit cards and it is also on the registration card that you had signed. Again I must mention that it is up to your banks policy to when they release an authorization on your account.

Regarding our room rate that you accepted at check in. We are not overpriced for our hotel in the Lewisburg market, in fact we are an economy lodging hotel with rates lower than the competition in Lewisburg.

Please do not hold this one experience in the future from using another Super 8 on any of your future travel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Quality Inn
#1 of 7 in Lewisburg
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#1 of 4 in Covington

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!