“Great Value! Good location”
Review of Super 8 Lewisburg

Super 8 Lewisburg
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Recent roadtrip with friends traveling thru West Virginia. Stayed at the Super 8 in Lewisburg,W.V.
Great location for visiting Greenbrier Resort casino. Rooms were clean and the price was right!
Enjoyed the Irish Pub in downtown on washington street. This trip was casino's & dog tracks for gambling. Will return again for rafting trip. Thanks Super 8 staff for your great service and recommendations of the local pub. They also have a vodka distillery just down the road with tours Smooth Ambler Spirits.

Room Tip: property in located away from the interstate and quite
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to comment on our Super 8. We strive to make each guest experience pleasant. I was glad to hear you were able to visit our city and take in a few of the area attractions. Perhaps on your next trip for rafting you could visit the Museum's in town and stroll to the local family owned resturants. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Lewisburg

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Shabby, rundown, dirty-hair in the sink, outer doors that won't open with the key card, very abrupt front desk. I got a good deal on Expedia that wasn't such a good deal. Spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for your candid comments. We have been working hard at improving our super 8. During the past year we have replaced all room and area carpeting, updated most guest rooms with new beds, linens, drapes and more. We have also scheduled to have the interior rooms painted for a more refreshing and updated look. I am sorry these updates were not to your liking but we hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

This property is older and needs a make over.
The employee's didnt exactly make me and my family feel welcome.
The breakfast area is only three tables for two, total seating 6, and it is in a very small lobby area.
I needed to cut my trip short due to reasons beyond my control, requiring us to leave one night early.
I checked out about 4:15pm and was denied a full or partial refund for my unused night by a house keeper who felt like playing boss behind the front desk.
I would never stay at this property again.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank five7man
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I thought this place was good for the money. It was inexpensive and just fine to stay for a night. The hotel was located very close to Wal Mart and restaurants. It was also an easy drive to the WV State Fair.

Our room was not perfectly clean, but it was as clean (if not cleaner) as anywhere else we stayed in WV. The bathtub was absolutely gleaming.

If I had to pick out one thing I didn't like about the hotel was that the breakfast was pretty skimpy. It was over at 9:00 and we went there at 8:50 and the coffee was long gone as was most of the food.

But we definitely got our money's worth here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tarheelluv
GM3276, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this survey! We are working everyday to improve our customer eperience. We have recentley completed several upgrades to our rooms and have more planned in the near future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a last minute trip to the WV state fair- it was the only hotel we could find with a vacancy, and now I know why. It was so disgusting we left after one night, instead of the two we had originally planned.
Cleanliness was a real issue. If you have any type of sensitivities don’t stay here at all! My eyes and nose started itching and watering the second we walked in the lobby and didn’t improve when we got in the room. Judging from my physical reaction I would say this hotel has a bad mold problem. It also smells like they decided to make this hotel “non smoking” about 2 hours before we arrived. My husband and I had to go to the walmart across the street and buy eye drops and febreeze. They also allow pets, which could be an issue for some. The floor turned my feet black in about 3 minutes and there was hair in the bathroom. The shower curtain had mildew growing on it.
On the website they claim to have high speed internet, but we could only get connected to it once, for about 15 minutes. After that it never worked again! There is also a really long password you must use to connect, which they don't provide you when you check in, you have to call for it.
The final issue was security. We had our "Do Not Disturb" sign up, and in the middle of the morning someone tried to enter our room very loudly. Luckily we had the security latch on and they weren't able to open the door fully. We hope it was housekeeping, but they didn't say anything. After this we decided to just drive home that evening instead of sticking around for another night. When we checked out, the guy informed us that we could not get a refund because we pre-paid, which was fine, however they didn't even inquire why were checking out early or ask if there were any problems with the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Comfortable bed, great shower, good price.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here 1 night with a coupon out of one of the hotel discount mags you can pick up at
any rest area. The room was updated, clean, comfortable and a fair price for what I got. Breakfast
was included and what you expect. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the coupon from the discount hotel mags.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank thetinman56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Quality Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 5 in Covington

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!