New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Lewisburg

Super 8 Lewisburg
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Disgusting- Would Not Recommend!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a last minute trip to the WV state fair- it was the only hotel we could find with a vacancy, and now I know why. It was so disgusting we left after one night, instead of the two we had originally planned.
Cleanliness was a real issue. If you have any type of sensitivities don’t stay here at all! My eyes and nose started itching and watering the second we walked in the lobby and didn’t improve when we got in the room. Judging from my physical reaction I would say this hotel has a bad mold problem. It also smells like they decided to make this hotel “non smoking” about 2 hours before we arrived. My husband and I had to go to the walmart across the street and buy eye drops and febreeze. They also allow pets, which could be an issue for some. The floor turned my feet black in about 3 minutes and there was hair in the bathroom. The shower curtain had mildew growing on it.
On the website they claim to have high speed internet, but we could only get connected to it once, for about 15 minutes. After that it never worked again! There is also a really long password you must use to connect, which they don't provide you when you check in, you have to call for it.
The final issue was security. We had our "Do Not Disturb" sign up, and in the middle of the morning someone tried to enter our room very loudly. Luckily we had the security latch on and they weren't able to open the door fully. We hope it was housekeeping, but they didn't say anything. After this we decided to just drive home that evening instead of sticking around for another night. When we checked out, the guy informed us that we could not get a refund because we pre-paid, which was fine, however they didn't even inquire why were checking out early or ask if there were any problems with the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Comfortable bed, great shower, good price.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here 1 night with a coupon out of one of the hotel discount mags you can pick up at
any rest area. The room was updated, clean, comfortable and a fair price for what I got. Breakfast
was included and what you expect. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the coupon from the discount hotel mags.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank thetinman56
pittsburgh, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Myself and my family went to Lewisburg for our daughter's Medical School graduation. I reserved 7 rooms. Two had no air conditioning. Every room smelled of mold and old smoke. No hangers on the clothing racks..If there were hangers there, they were broke, one rooms fan/ac clanged very loudly, no amenities were left in room on second day, continental breakfast food was old and not fresh, refrigerators leaked and floors were wet, have I said enough. The workers there were very nice, they could only work with what they had. But the Manager was an absolute rude unqualified person. I had stayed at this hotel before several times and had no problems. I have never seen a hotel go down so quickly before. Local management did not want to hear complaints or problems. their answer to that was you didn't pay that much for the room anyway, so don't complain. Unbelievable. I'm calling the Health Department on this hotel, there has got to be a mold problem with that strong of a smell everywhere. Half of the people that stayed they are now sick. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Drive straight past this hotel, do not stop!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here in route to Ohio from Virginia. It was a fabulous stop off of Rt 64 and was one of the cleanest rooms i have ever stayed in!! Beat some 5 star hotels we have stayed in :) Would for sure stay here again for convienence!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Newdo4u
barbour county
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

friends of mine have stayed at the Super 8 Motel for years while she would show animals at the State Fair of West Virginia. I had been staying at differnt places the past 2 years and really wasn't happy with either one of them. either tooo far away fromt he fair or too expensive. the expensive one had bugs crawling on the walls when we first went into our room. my friends told me to check out the Super 8 and I was glad i did! Friendly, courteous staff working there. Willing to help you with what ever you needed for your stay to be more comfortable from getting extra towels and wash rags, to soap, etc and never get upset when you asked them. I wil defiantely find out when my son will show at the 2010 fair and get rooms reserved now. It's also very quiet--even when the place is full. even the quest were friendly with each other.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

The carpets were sticky, the bathroom just looked dirtywhen walking to our room on the second floor it felt like the floors could collapse. My skin crawled all night long!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank fredderf615
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Quality Inn
Motel M Lewisburg
#7 of 7 in Lewisburg
2.5 of 5 stars 27 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Covington

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!