See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2017

We arrived in Lewisburg WV after a full day and a half of travel. It was not our destination. We did not know the state fair was in town-we had driven enough for the day, it was 8:30pm and we were ready to find two rooms. There were 4 of us including parents in their 80's. When we began looking for a hotel most were booked or had pricing in the triple digits due to the high demand. Our budget was 100 or less per room. This hotel kept coming up in our search as having rooms available so we decided to drive to it and check it out. The reviews had it at a 2.7 but I was unable to read them on my phone to know what people were saying. The entrance to service at the motel is attached to what appears to be there living area. We could see a large man sitting in the dark through the glass on like a couch watching tv. The entrance was sketchy, not very clean, questionable but we asked the lady that came to the window if we could see the rooms. We looked at two rooms, then switched one of them based on visual appearance but determined they LOOKED to be okay so we proceeded in booking. The Lady at the glass window stated that the total per room for our $80 room would be $107 because the tax was 12%. Really? At this point, again, exhausted...nothing else available...pay it. Once we went back to the rooms, we noticed how very stale smelling they were. Immediately we put on fan/a/c and left doors open to air out rooms. The a/c was not on already despite 89 degree temps. Throughout the night we discovered turning on the hairdryer blew the fuse in one of the rooms and made the lights go out. They would not bring us a replacement or come to our room to help. We had to go in our night clothes to the glass front window to retrieve the hair dryer. The WORST of it was, once in bed we found one mattress smelled of urine, bedding smelled of body odor, A/C was blowing disgusting smelling air - disgusting, disgusting. By this time it was 10:30 at night we were showered & dressed for bed. In retrospect we should have demanded new rooms. Throughout our time in the room we discovered the carpet smelled and was horribly dirty. We attempted to make coffee the next morning and the water tasted horrible. This is the worst hotel we have ever experienced in all our travels. I never write this bad of a review but this one deserves it. We hardly slept at all and were exhausted the next day. When we were leaving at 6am we did not even think about demanding reimbursement or telling them how awful everything was. We just wanted to get out of there. The following day we called them to tell them about our experience. I started out talking to the lady and then she put the man on the phone. He stated that he would talk to the housekeeping lady about the bedding issue. He said we should have told them about the issues the evening we were there. He said they are not a satisfaction guarantee hotel and if we wanted better service (like for them to bring us the hairdryer and test it in the outlet after the fuse was blown) we should have chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn or a higher priced hotel. I would never ever stay here again and I believe this place should be inspected and shut down until they make improvements.

Room Tip: Do not chose this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 4 days it was the worst experience the rooms were dirty never made both beds stinks I highly recommend passing this one up would not give us a refund after the first night. We came in each night and one or the other bed wAs made never both hole in the shower was patched up with tape very ghetto.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank machelle13
Reviewed August 15, 2016

I was told when booking through Expedia that I could cancel if needed. I phoned motel and tried to cancel. Exact reply, "You no come, you be charged." Guess that's why you have such high ratings. Sorry I have to rate you at least a 1. You deserve 0.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

By far this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. First they put me in a smoking room. When I asked to change, they refused even though I am 5 months pregnant. The room reeked of cigarette smoke so badly that I got a headache. Also there were cigarette burns all over the sheets and blankets. Further the bed and pillow were so uncomfortable that I slept in my car. Do not stay in this hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2016

The only reason we stayed we were exhausted after a all day drive in the mountains of KY & WV. There was a big hole in the sheet and pillows cases were yellow so we slept in our sleeping bags & own pillows (fortunate to be campers). Hole in the wall, hole in the couch, the deadbolt was broken, towels were like sandpaper, lightbulbs out, chair were stained, A/C worked but was coming out of the unit you could see inside that was discussing. The only good thing about this room my husband was ecstatic having the outdoor tv station watching the hunting show :) We should have slept in our car...........

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family