“Very nice historic inn with a lovely staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Historic General Lewis Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
Historic General Lewis Inn
You added Historic General Lewis Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice historic inn with a lovely staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I was a bit concerned about bed bugs this trip because so many people across the country have been complaining about the problem at various inns and hotels. I even read one person's review on here about bed bugs being at this hotel and the staff being rude. I can assure you that was not the case. I am VERY particular and this hotel is CLEAN. I know bed bug signs and I checked for them...nothing. I was up twice that night and there were no other bugs to speak of. The staff was very friendly. In fact, when we arrived, it was late at night. My husband accidentally hit a picture on the wall and broken glass went everywhere! It was LOUD! The staff immediately took care of the situation with complete patience and understanding.

I had one of the best breakfasts I've had in my life! The service was extraordinary. I had homemade jams and fresh homemade biscuits with a perfect omelet and some of the best sweet tea I've ever drank....and I'm Southern! We took a nice stroll on the grounds before leaving that morning and even had the "General Lewis Cat" as I named him, following us around out there. He was cute and friendly.

Being so far out I didn't expect wireless...but it worked perfectly. We had a flat screen television too but we only watched briefly before going to breakfast. If I had any complaint it would be that some inconsiderate guests were slamming doors early the next morning but that is not the fault of the inn. I wish we could've stayed more than one night. We would definitely like to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
morgantown, wv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My wife and children (ages 11 and 7) stayed in the "family suite" for one night in July. Overall, our stay in Lewisburg was perfect. Lewisburg is one of my favorite Appalachian towns. Staying at the General Lewis Inn allows you close access to the historic district as well an easy drive to the Greenbrier River Trail. Lewisburg is the perfect place to go for biking along or canoeing on the Greenbrier River, and the General Lewis Inn is the perfect place to stay while you are there.

Things I liked most? The garden out-back, being able to walk downtown from the Inn, and the historic charm of the street and the Inn.

Things I liked least? Beds are not extraordinarily comfortable (but they rarely are in historic Inns), and breakfast was nothing to rave about (but the food was perfectly acceptable and the service was great).

You cannot go wrong with either the General Lewis Inn or with Lewisburg. Do not miss the Greenbrier River if you visit. It is the star of the show.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jtpetty
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Every aspect of our stay was positive.
The room was tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean.
The overall ambience of the Inn is wonderful, so much history and character.
The restaurant service and the quality of the food were both great.
There was even a harpist playing during the dinner hours.
I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
milton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Our stay at the inn was during the greenbrier casino opening weekend , therefore the inn was booked. We were attending a family reunion in the area, and overall, our stay was fine. However we had earwigs in the bathroom and found one on the window shade as we rolled it down for the night. We also ended up with an earwig in our camera case. The room was otherwise clean and comfortable. The mattress/bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very small. Cant comment on the service because the only contact we had with staff was at check in, which was good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ceeandtee
virginia beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

friendly staff, comfortable rooms, and lovely setting

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed one night at the inn, just passing through. It's a nice little town to spend an afternoon. Request a room in the back of the inn if traffic noise bothers you. They really need to replace their mattresses and pillows, but otherwise the rooms were nice.
We ate dinner at the restuarant at the inn and it was exceptionally good!
We would stay at the General Lewis Inn again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ft. Pierce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I was recommended this hotel from several locals. I traveled to Lewisburg with my Daughter who was looking for a place to live while attending WVSOM.. Great location...I must say, Elizabeth in the Dining Room was Superior.....wonderful lady...

• Stayed June 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
Motel M Lewisburg
#7 of 7 in Lewisburg
2.5 of 5 stars 27 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Covington

Been to Historic General Lewis Inn? Share your experiences!