“General Lewis Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Historic General Lewis Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
Historic General Lewis Inn
You added Historic General Lewis Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Pearisburg, Virginia
“General Lewis Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I took two of my girlfriends to Lewisburg for their birthdays. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The family suite on 2nd floor only has one very, very small bathroom so that made showering and dressing somewhat difficult. The location is perfect for walking all around Lewisburg. The hotel staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was great but service was questionable, had to continue to remind our waiter about requests. I personally think the price is high, but wanted my friends to enjoy the beauty of Lewisburg without the hassle of driving once we checked into our rooms.

I would suggest that The GLI become a true B&B with a complimetary breakfast for each guest. I truly believe you would see your averages improve to excellents!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank beachy444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Hanover, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We enjoyed a one night stay here while riding the Greenbrier River bike trail. The B&B is located downtown in the historic district of Lewisburg within walking distance of shops, bars and eateries.

The General Lewis Inn is a beautifully maintained facility. The rooms, all of which are uniquely furnished, are very clean and well appointed. The Inn itself is a step back in time with an interesting collection of antiques on display. The grounds are lovely and the dining room serves a nice variety of tasty entrees.

If you enjoy quaint country inns, your sure to love this place.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank B Bob C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Im in my mid-40's, so I have a lot of experience and happy times here at the Inn. My father went to HS in town and so I feel like this was my home away from home. First let me say, a visit in October is like no other. The fall is simply amazing in this part of the country. A lot of the same people I remember are still there. Elizabeth is a wonderful hostess, and you will meet her in the dining area, welcoming guests and telling about the history of the place. The best part is the history. A lot to see and take in. Its right in town so its an easy walk.
The down side: so, if you are used to the St Regis, 4 Seasons and Westin- its not that kind of hotel. Its an Inn. A historic inn. I love the history of it, but I think its in desperate need of upgrading. The bathroom we had was tiny! The bathroom in the hall was more spacious. The tubs are very old. Not like, nice vintage old, just outdated old. The bed, was ok. Room was warm. The living room in the lobby is still a great place for a game or glass of wine. Upon check in (Friday), I was told that we only booked Saturday night! Yikes. Ok, so that was my mistake. However, being in the customer service industry myself, I would have expected the front desk to at least offer to call or suggest a few neighboring places. All I got was a- "see, I pulled your online reservation and it says ONE night". Okay thanks but that doesnt help me now does it? Anyways, we did find another place for the one night, so no problem. The gal that checked us in the next day was fabulous- btw. Just super nice and friendly.

Dinner at the Inn is decent. The service and staff is really good. They are just nice kind hearted people. Very enjoyable and pleasant. Breakfast was delicious. Good country breakfast that leaves you full!

I would definitely recommend this place for couple or family visit. The backyard is beautiful and you really cant beat the location. Just dont expect the fancy soaps, linens and updated conveniences.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the second floor. Its so easy to hear the footsteps above you from the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Poca, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Charming,historic,and romantic. This Inn can certainly return you to an era when times were simpler and life moved at a slower pace. My husband and I enjoyed our stay. Room was a little small, but very cozy. Staff is pleasant and helpful, and breakfast was good. Lewisburg itself is a great historic little town that is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a queen or garden room, as they are larger.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This place is wonderful. The staff is very helpful, the restaurant is excellent, and the rooms are always clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A K
Kingsport TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Old historic hotel with a pleasant lobby/sitting area. Very convenient to other areas to visit in the vicinity. The staff is very accomodating and breakfast is very pleasant. A very enjoyable two nights there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I've stayed here 6 times because I love being in an historic inn with lots of charm. The staff is nice and there's a great restaurant on the premises. Eat there at least once. I always get breakfast. It's quiet with a large front porch for sitting. Because it's an old building some of the bathrooms have been jerry-rigged to fit the space. I didn't mind but one of my co-workers didn't like the tight space. Easy walking distance to downtown Lewisburg. There's no elevator so you have to carry your bags to the second floor. They had a storage shed in the back where we could store our bikes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LynnWVA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
Motel M Lewisburg
#7 of 7 in Lewisburg
3.0 of 5 stars 25 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Covington

Been to Historic General Lewis Inn? Share your experiences!