Just spent four great days at this property. When visiting Lewisburg in the past I had stayed at the Fairfield down the street, but due to the hotel being full for the weekend, I tried the Holiday Inn. This gives me the ability to identify the pluses and minuses of 2 of the 3 best hotels in the area.
Check in here was a breeze despite the fact that there was a major event going on in the area. The front desk staff were organized and I got the room I requested without any hassle.
The room I reserved, an executive suite with the hot tub ( a very nice and large one, I might add) was great. It comes with a kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, small sink, coffee maker, and even utensils and paper towels. There is a sitting area with love seat, chair and coffee table which is nice for watching the large LG tv on. There is also a dining area with a small table and two chairs, and a small desk and office chair should you need to get work done. Aside from the great spa tub in the living area, there is also a decent sized bathroom with a tub/shower combo. Only downsides to the bathroom being the showerhead was not as forceful as I like, but it was decent enough. Plenty of towels were provided and their bath products were far superior to the ones offered at Fairfield.
The bed was comfortable and this is the only hotel I have been to where they included labeled pillows (soft and firm) so you can pick your desired firmness level.
The breakfast buffet was terrific and would rate on par with Fairfield if not for the hot cinnamon rolls which were amazing. I had been wanting a good cinnamon roll for a while so this was a nice treat for me. A slight advantage to Holiday Inn because of this.
The housekeepers were nice and all said hello in the morning, they also serviced the room promptly and never once woke us up which is a big thing.
The only minor downsides were the hot tub (in the pool area) was a little too hot for my comfort. The bath towels in this area were rough and not as high quality as the Fairfield ones too, so Fairfield's pool beats this one on that count. Also the elevator was kind of jerky and shaky which I am sure is nothing but I know it has been mentioned in reviews here before.
Another thing to mention is the cemetery next door. While luckily I did not stay on that side of the hotel (request an odd numbered room if possible), honestly it isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I would be okay with a room on that side, although would definitely prefer the side facing Walmart.
Between the two choices I would stay with Holiday Inn Express now due to the fact that their suites have the hot tub and some even have it with a little fireplace. Fairfield suites do not have either features which I think are a big bonus especially as they only run $20-30 more a night than a base guest room.
Thank you, Holiday Inn Express for the very nice stay! Will be back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel in Lewisburg, West Virginia boasts excellent facilities. Come and stay at our new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Lewisburg near the Greenbrier Valley Airport. Our hotel in Lewisburg, WV is the perfect choice for both leisure and corporate travelers. Families looking for lodging in Lewisburg, WV will love staying at our hotel, near Lost World Caverns, located just off I-64 in the lovely Allegheny Mountains. We are convenient to several local attractions, including the scenic Greenbrier River, historic downtown Lewisburg & plenty of antique shopping. Other sights and activities near our hotel in Lewisburg, WV include Organ Cave, the West Virginia State Fair & Oakhurst Links, home of the oldest organized golf club in the United States. Business travelers will be impressed by the comfort of our Lewisburg, West Virginia accommodations. We also offer access to numerous companies, such as the Terradon Corporation, Gateway Industries, ABB Process Analytics, Wal-Mart and the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. In addition, we provide a Business Center with fax, print, copy services, a computer and free high-speed Internet access, so you can keep up with business on the road. While lodging in this Lewisburg, WV hotel, enjoy amenities including a heated, indoor pool, a modern fitness center and a free hot breakfast bar. Book your reservation now to enjoy great Lewisburg hotel rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lewisburg
- Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg
- Lewisburg Holiday Inn