“Wow, great value and clean clean rooms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
McDermott, Ohio
“Wow, great value and clean clean rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed at a hotel in Lewisburg but it was the first time at the Holiday Inn Express and let me tell you, I will never stay at a different hotel in Lewisburg again! The room was huge and very very clean. It was so clean it almost smelled new. The bathroom was clean as well. The hotel was very busy but in our room you could hear nothing. We have an 11 month old and he slept like a rock. It was a nice stay, we will be staying there again in the future!

Room Tip: The King Executive Suite is the way to go. Lots of room and great value!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Justin G
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, May 22, 2014

We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Lewisburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I checked in on a Saturday afternoon with our two dogs and were given a 5 star greeting at the front desk. All of the staff were very friendly to both us and our pets and made us feel very welcome. The hotel looks brand new and the lobby and breakfast area are tastefully decorated. Plus, there's quite a bit of green space around the hotel for walking the dogs. Our room was a nice size and the crisp white bedding made it very comfortable. Also, it was very quiet. We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: A high, south facing room will have a better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I am glad to hear that your pets enjoyed their stay as well.

Thanks for the recommendation for all future reviewers of your posting and hope to see you back soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We arrived on a Friday evening, after making a two-night reservation online. The facility is located beside a Wal-Mart which is busy, as usual. So, getting in and out can be a little tricky. We always request high floor, away from the elevator, and non-pet rooms. Our room was EXACTLY that. It was very clean and the king size bed was super comfortable. There was very little noise and we did not hear our neighbors or their television through the walls - a major plus! Just from walking around and checking out the facility, I would advise light sleepers and new parents to request a higher floor. The first floor has a pool, weight room, and the front desk area with no barrier to stop noise pollution - it was reasonably noisy from all of the foot traffic. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was hot and fresh which was a plus for an unusual cold May morning. Would stay again!

Room Tip: I would advise light sleepers and new parents to request a higher floor. The first floor has a pool...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is my second stay here at the HIE in Lewisburg. The motel is very clean, nice size rooms, very friendly staff. It has plenty of well lit parking and the rates are competitive. But it is noisy, apparently the walls are very thin. Both times I have stayed here have been on the first floor and it sounds like a herd of cattle upstairs all night long. And you hear every movement in the hallway of your floor. I will probably try another motel next time I am in Lewisburg, WV.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for both your positive and comments of concerns you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia.

We appreciate the comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and I am sorry about the noise levels.

If you back in the area please give us another try and maybe take a third floor room. That way you may not hear anyone above you. Again I would like to thank you for your prior business and I do hope you will try us again.
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Check in a breeze with friendly desk staff also found housekeeping staff friendly and efficient. Room was of the suite variety well laid out and and nicely appointed, however had coffee machine but no coffee pot. I will have to agree with another reviewer that the beds did have a sagging issue, one more than the other, however this did not deter a good nights sleep once you centered yourself in the middle (kinda strange). Room very quite, HVAC unit one of the best, but I would recommend acquiring a room on the top (3rd) floor in the event by "luck of the draw" you get someone who stomps around much. Breakfast quite good, I had to clean my own table before I placed my food on it, as no one was around, one lady in staff uniform, stood there the whole time talking with a couple she obviously knew and made no effort to help anywhere and finally another in a uniform came over and offered to help clear my table after I had finished eating. There was spilled food near the serving trays that needed to be cleared also.... I saw no one at the desk at this time (approx.8am). All things considered an okay place to stay, however I will try another hotel next time I am in one of the "best small towns" in America.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear lookingabout,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments regarding the bed and the breakfast service will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We visited Lewisburg last weekend for the annual Chocolate Festival and stayed here for two nights. We had reserved one of the 2 bedroom family suites and we couldn't have been more pleased with it! The rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive, and the hot breakfast was very good. It was a delightful weekend all around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Chocolate Festival.
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice hotel and staff, breakfast area was well stocked and very clean. Some of the areas in the hotel had been remodeled at the time of my visit. However, the beds were Saggy. Not a good nights sleep. Check out the beds before you get comfortable.

Room Tip: Check the beds before you open your suitcase.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for comments of concerns you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. I guess I am a little confused regarding the hotel under renovations because we are only 5 years old and we are not going under any current renovations projects.

I apologize that you were not satisfied with the bed. We purchase our beds from a reputable company; however, people have different opinions on the comfort of the beds. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations there.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Marlinton
3.0 of 5 stars 49 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!