“Great "pet friendly" hotel, with great staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We often travel from Cincinnati to Richmond, Va, often starting late on day one. We have stayed at this hotel about three times in the last year. All three times we were in about midnight, with a tired and impatient dog. They have a good area to walk the dog, and get her ready for bed. We are always put on the first floor, which is nice with a dog. The people who work there are really friendly and the free breakfast is well stocked. A few restaurant choices and a Wal-Mart close-by helps. Several gas stations also at same exit. The hotel is far enough that you don't hear the interstate. It's also set back off the road with nothing noisy around it.

Room Tip: If you have a dog get on the first floor. If you don't have a dog get on another floor! Getting...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that. I can see your dog enjoyed his trip as well.

Again thank you for the wonderful comments and your continued business. See you next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here with my husband, mother and granddaughter on our way to Virginia Beach. The entire hotel, including our room, was very clean and bright. The complimentary breakfast was awesome! My granddaughter especially loved the pancake machine. Everyone was so nice and helpful. We will definitely stay here again. On a side note: It's a little hard to get to. We passed it, but turned around and found our way in. Just watch for the Wal-Mart.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I appreciate the wonderful comments and your return visits to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I am glad your granddaughter loved the pancakes that we offer for breakfast.

Thanks for the high recommendation for future viewers looking for a hotel in Lewisburg.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Traveled on business. Clean, secure, and everything was satisfactory. Very nice welcome when I arrived.
Breakfast was standard, I did not use the pool, however, I would recommend for family travel or business travel.
The hotel rate was comparable to the other hotels nearby.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Again thank you for the wonderful comments and if your travel plans takes you back through Lewisburg I hope you will stay with us again

Reviewed August 30, 2013

If you want to stay at a very clean and well-kept hotel with veryyyy comfortable beds... ahhhhh STAY HERE! I had to stay overnight and work in Covington,VA but decided to drive and see with this little city Lewisburg, WV had to offer.. LOVED THIS HOTEL!!!!

The front desk clerk Michelle was awesome and very accommodating.. I loved the very clean room with micro and fridge too.. The breakfast had something for everyone but I chose the scrambled eggs with gravy! The ham was great too.. plenty of items to choose from but dont miss out on the cinnamon rolls.. GASP, DEVINE!!!

In a nutshell.. I loved my stay at this hotel and its in the middle of everything... worth the money!

Room Tip: Call in advance.. they are normally full. Upper floors away from elevator is best.. I was in room 1...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I will pass on your comments to Michelle.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We loved our stay at your hotel. The room that we stayed in was quiet and clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The only thing that I missed in your fitness center was an ellipticalmachine. This type of machine is easier on the joints.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is on the non-cemetary side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I appreciate the wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while in town for a family reunion. The hotel had some flaws. The elevator was incredibly loud. It almost sounds like the door in grinding against something every time the door opens and shuts. I suggest that you ask for a room in the 20's (120, 220, 320) because those rooms are farther away from the elevator. We were in 229 an we were the last room on the floor and were lucky to be pretty far away from the noisy elevator. We took the stairs when we came and went. The cleaning is very inconsistent. We had a suite and upon arrival there was trash under our sink that was not removed from a previous guest. We stayed three nights and one day the bed was made, two days it was not, two days the towels were cleaned up and refreshed one day it was not. Toilet paper and Kleenex were not refreshed. I would have to ask for those items. We had a hot tub in the room, which was really nice, and it had towels on arrival and were only refreshed once. Having a suite it was nice to have a few plastic cups and some paper plates and a roll of paper towels in the cabinet. The pools is indoors and I think this hotel has the smallest pool towels I have ever seen. The room bath towels seemed bigger. The hotel offers a few breakfast which is a very nice gesture. Again, there is inconsistency here. One day the cooler has yogurt, hardboiled eggs and milk. The next day there was only milk. When another guest and myself peeked into the servers preparation room and asked for eggs and yogurt we were told they would have it out in a minute. After about 30 minutes, the items never came. I almost felt that maybe someone went to the store to get it, because we kept being told, they are coming. Overall, the staff seemed kind and professional. Our TV was not working right on Saturday night and they came up to help, most of them greeted you every time you walked past the front desk. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel and the location is about a mile from the Downtown Historic District....we walked back and forth.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 20's are farther away from the noisy elevator. Jacuzzi suite is nice. One side of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for both your positive and comments of concerns you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I do hope you enjoyed the suite you were in with the hot tub. Regarding the elevator, you are correct that it does have a scratching sound. This is the first time that we have heard that you can hear the elevator at the other end of the hotel. We know it’s not the quietest elevator, but we rarely get complaints because of it.

I am sorry that the pool towels were not what you expected. Most hotels use these same pool towels, you are correct they are not the same quality of the towels in our guest rooms but they serve the purpose for the pool and hot tub. I will address your other housekeeping concerns with our staff members.

I am glad hear the wonderful comments about the comfort of our bedding. We do get a lot of positive comments regarding our bedding

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this Hotel for 5 days or more days at a time. The customer service and staff are great. The room is always very clean and there breakfast is great. Most of the Holiday Inn expresses you stay at the milk is warm or semi-cold at best for breakfast....not this establishment....it was super cold like it should be. Also, at most Holiday in expresses we stay at we have to ask for another towel and washcloth because they only put three in the room and there are four of us.......again, not the case here. The people that work at this hotel are very friendly and very helpful if your trying to locate a certain place in the area. We will stay there again when in the area. "Highly recommend."

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hope to see you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
#1 of 8 in Lewisburg
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 5 in Covington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!