“New Owners?”
Review of Motel M Lewisburg

Motel M Lewisburg
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here while traveling through. Judging by other reviews this motel must be under new ownership as I had a rather pleasant stay! The rooms seem to be newly renovated and the staff was extremely nice! Very Clean and located in a good area.

Its a few miles from the interstate, but well worth it. I highly recommend this motel to anyone who is looking to save some money but still wants a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Maybeitsthebluelight

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was a little shocked when I stayed here. I read the poor reviews and didn't know what to expect. What I found was a Very Clean room with everything I could want in a Hotel stay. The new Owners have Really, Really turned this place around in the past year. Enjoyed my stay and will book again next year for the WV State Fair Week.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 508James
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The name has changed. I forget exactly the new name but I think it is Budget Value hotel. I would guess it is because they no longer measure up to whatever low standards the franchise brands have lowered to. We were only staying a night while driving through and we wanted to stay close to town. We slept in one bed as the other bed was as swaybacked as an old horse. The sheets were not the cleanest and the vanity was falling off the wall. The electrical outlets were loose in the wall. Our room key was a reprogrammed Super 8 key! Drive just a little farther north, spend another $10 or $20 and stay in one of the chains near the freeway.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Motorcycle-tourer
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We would not stay here again. the walls were stained and althoough we did nto see any bugs, we feared they were there. Almost all of the electrical outlets/switches were pulled away from the walls. I cannot imagine this facility would pass an inspection for licensing for a motel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LibraryLadee
Reviewed April 28, 2008

The outside of the hotel looks fine but upon closer inspection it is not! The banister to the upstairs in the building we stayed in was held together with a rope! I had my reservation over 3 months in advance yet when I checked in at 5 pm. the maids were still in my room. The NON smoking room smelled terribly of smoke! There was a baseboard that had fallen off the wall and was left laying in the floor close to the wall. The lighting above the bed had been removed leaving a hole there which made me uncomfortable. There was so little lighting that we had to remove the lampshades so we could see. One wall, the one behind the bed had been painted red and the paint was smeared allover the ceiling as well. There was black mold growing allover the grout in the shower. The bedspreads smelled of urine! It was disgusting! Wireless internet did work although the manager is foreign and didn't speak clear english so it took a while to understand what he was saying about the password to get online and at first he had that wrong. There were workers there from out of state and they hollered and slammed doors and drank outside our door until late at night at one point even knocking on our door and nothing was done about it. Not a hotel I would stay at again....EVER! There is a nice Super 8 next to the interstate...I suggest that!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pendachs
Reviewed October 23, 2006

Excellent value!! Clean!!! Refrig,Microwave, TV with cable stations operational. Plain, but functional. Staff friendly and helpful. Lewisburg a wonderful place to visit and enjoy the fall colors. Breakfast with juices, waffles, cereal, and breads.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 27, 2005

My family and I lasted a little over one hour in a "2 room suite" that we ended up paying $107 for a very disappointing hotel room (the other building that is not in the picture). The bedding had cigarette burns and was brown from wear on the underside, the particle board furniture was torn and beaten up, one of the bed frames was broken, and one of the beds had obviously not been changed due to a yellowed marking in the middle three layers through. However, the bites on our legs was the deal breaker that sent us literally running out. It was the last hotel with availability in the area (no wonder) and we were very tired. We debated with the clerk on why he should refund our money- but he refused. We ate our dinner in a Wal-mart parking lot and started our 4hr trek home around 9pm. Do not spend your time or money here! Beware: the web page is NOT what you get!

• Stayed: June 2005