“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mill Creek Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lansing
Mill Creek Cabins
Cleveland, Ohio
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice location, the structure of the cabin itself was beautiful but we had some issues with the cabin that we tried to address with the owners and never heard back. The owners were super nice when we booked, and when we left a note on check out day stating that we had issues with the cabin and that we would contact them to discuss, they did try to reach us three times that day (I had packed my cell phone in my suitcase and did not know they tried to call). Once I was able to get back to them later that night, I spoke with someone else who worked there, not the owners. We stayed in cabin # 2. I explained that the lights in one bedroom did not work, I forgot to mention to them that we had to screw in the light fixture in the bedroom we stayed in b/c when you turned on the fan, it shook so much we were afraid it was going to fall off it was so loose, living room furniture was very old, dated and uncomfortable, very strong mold/must smell in bedrooms (we were going to change rooms but the lights in the other bedroom did not work) large black ants in kitchen and living room, mice in closets and walls scratching all night keeping us up (later discovered mouse trips under kitchen sink, so they knew there was a problem). Our cabin was fully carpeted except for the kitchen and bathroom; I attribute the strong must/mold smell to old, dirty carpet that needs to be taken out and replaced. The blinds did not work in the living room and the bedroom we stayed in, had a lot of difficult with those, also the bedding in the bedrooms was very old and dated. We did very much enjoy the hot tub which was clean and roomy, the only downfall is, it is not on a private deck and we had a strange man come up to us while we were in the hot tub late at night which made us very uncomfortable (also forgot to mention this to the owners). With some improvements and updating this cabin really can be wonderful but unfortunately we did not enjoy our stay. We were very disappointed in our experience with Mill Creek Cabins. My husband and I only book cabins and B&B's when we travel which is quite often, and we stay in very basic, rustic cabins to luxury cabins, so this place had seemed like it would fall right in between. I have never complained to an owner about a property we have stayed in and we have enjoyed many over the years. When I did relay this information to the person I spoke with at Mill Creek, I felt very bad telling them about all of the issues we had and I felt I was extremely nice about it. We were simply told "sorry" and that we should have told them of the issues at the time and they would have changed cabins for us. We appreciate that but by the time we really started realizing how bad the issues were, we were already settled in and unpacked, and we knew this was their busy season. Driving through their property most cabins appeared to be rented and we did not want to complain, In hindsight we should have said something because for paying $697.00 for three nights, we really felt it was not worth it at all. We did not ask for any kind of a refund, but it would have been nice if they had offered something, especially since we did tell them we were in the area checking out cabins for our family to join us later this year. Great service and expectations in the beginning, but by the end we felt we had made a poor choice for the first time when booking a cabin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WildlifeTravel24

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Me and my friends stayed at these cabins for the memorial day long weekend. We were 15 people and we rented Cabin 8. The cabin on a whole was clean and gives good cabin fell at the end of the day. The Jacuzzi was big enough and we all had good fun along with the camp fire and the gill.
I would definitely recommend people to stay at this place as the owners are also good and responsive. This is my first time in WV and I say the outdoor attractions and adventures were great. The only down side with the cabin is number of bathrooms and no internet (Internet which I think its not that important though). So make sure you can adjust with that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bhargava Y
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

We rented Cabin #5 at Mill Creek Cabins and could not have been more pleased. The cabin is very large - sleeping up to 8 people, including two bedrooms with queen size beds and a loft with two full size (or maybe queen size) beds. It is a very open, yet intimate space in excellent condition. The wood is rich and warm, and there is an absolutely gorgeous wood mosaic artwork above the door. The room has a full kitchen, a single bathroom (potential downside if you actually have eight people there, but it was entirely manageable with four of us), and a large hot tub outside the front door with plenty of privacy. There are other cabins and houses in the area, but you still feel secluded. The location is perfect, only a couple miles from a number of rafting companies and less than two miles to the New River Gorge.

We also loved Fayetteville. Very funky little town with some nice restaurants (check out the Cathedral Cafe) and shops (you have to go into the Hobbit Hole just to say you've been there, though the "vintage" offerings were a bit overpriced).

We will definitely go back to Mill Creek Cabins. If you go with a group, the price is very, very good for the area (and we did check around).

Room Tip: All the cabins are similar (maybe even identical in construction). They have larger cabins, but we...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drkiker
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I booked a trip to West Virginia and decided to stay at the Mill Creek Cabins. The cabins are absolutely beautiful...very cozy with fireplaces and wall art. Everything you need is there...plates, utensils, soap, towels and a grill which we used a couple of times. There is a jacuzzi hot tub outside and the surroundings are peaceful and gorgeous (right in the woods). The owner was VERY accommodating..we were not happy with the mattress in one of the cabins because I suffer from a bad back and he immediately switched us to another cabin which had updated mattresses. I would highly recommend these cabins, as I also heard from people that I was speaking to in town that they are definitely one of the better ones. It was nice to come "home" to a cozy place after a long day of activities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chrysma
South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I had an incredible stay at Mill Creek! The cabins are spacious, beautful and secluded...and you're only minutes from the best adventure West Virginia has to offer. Neil and the whole team at Mill Creek will take great care to ensure your stay is nothing less than the best. You're going to love the outdoor jacuzzi!

We had an awesome honeymoon at Mill Creek, and we plan to come back to Mill Creek with family to enjoy wild and wonderful West Va again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We found the cabins by pure chance on the web and took a chance. Best chance we could have ever taken!!! Cabin #5 is great! Kept well, comfortable, spacious. Just amazing. Activities just a few miles away. Will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank miaminn
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

My family rented one of Neil and Revonna Redman's cabins while on a whitewater rafting adventure this summer. The cabins are clean, well-equipped, secluded, and (very important) less than two minutes from the river rafting company we had signed up with....Wildwater Expeditions, the best on the river!

Nothing could have been easier than waking up in the morning, making coffee and breakfast, grabbing our swimsuits, and a quick car ride to meet our river guides. Then coming home in the evening to make a campfire, roast marshmallows, and relaxing in the hot tub.

Mill Creek Cabins are some of the nicest accommodations in the New/Gauley River area. Fayetteville is just over the spectacular New River Gorge Bridge (3 minutes away).

If camping just isn't in your cards when you visit this area, I would highly recommend Mill Creek Cabins.

p.s. The Mill Creek Cabins website photos do not do the cabins justice. They really are cool.

• Liked — Great cabin, clean, lots of room. Excellent location for outdoor adventure.
  • Disliked — Hot tub was not working when we arrived, but quickly fixed the next morning, and our bill was discounted for the mishap.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank fetekreyol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Quality Inn New River
Baymont Inn & Suites Beckley
Courtyard Beckley
Courtyard Beckley
#5 of 14 in Beckley

Been to Mill Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!