“Perfection can it get any better?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Adventures on the Gorge
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Lansing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A world-class adventure resort located on the rim of the New River Gorge in West Virginia-offering activities, lodging, and dining.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Perfection can it get any better?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Well based on my recent trip to Adventures on the Gorge, I can with out a doubt in my mind say YES... Adventure is first and for most family oriented... They go out of there way for you to feel like family... They don't forget the little things... As a matter of they excel in the little things... Such as when your checking in at Adventures on the Gorge, you feel like a VIP... Their customer service is second to none in good part to my good friend Bruce... Everyone at AOTG is willing to do anything to guarantee that your stay and your adventure is second to none... Something else that Adventures on the Gorge has is majestic views of the New River Gorge... One view that will keep you coming back is the view behind Chetty's pointing due west and giving such an incredible view, this is a must see...This is the Ritz Carlton of the rafting world, from the owner to the bus boy, everyone just wants to guarantee you have a great vacation...With all my heart and soul, I highly recommend Adventures on the Gorge...

Visited October 2013
3 Thank johnarchibald3260

Grand Rapids, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Three sisters went on the Lower Gualey River rafting Saturday, Sept 28. We like fun and adventure and we had it all. We were also lucky enough to have great weather. My sister made the reservations and even though we had to call back at least 4 times because of questions we forgot to ask, we felt they were always answered very professionally.

The day of the trip there were hundreds of people waiting to go on their trip but it was well organized, no glitches. We had a very knowledgeable guide (Randy) who brought all of us together as a team. We would definitely recommend using this group and will be back to do the upper Gauley. Warm food was provided for lunch.

2 Thank ktkski
Kenosha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Adventure Vacation Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything was FABULOUS from the registration with Shauna, the great food, knowledgeable and skilled guides (ask for Dennis or Andrew), the Gravity Zip (again great guides), clean bathrooms, comfy cabins very basic but what do you really need except a bed ad a shower after adventuring)! Excellent service in the gift shop, the restaurants, at check-in!! This was our second time in two years and I am sure wo't be our last. HIGHLY recommend!!

1 Thank Marsha K
Wake Forest, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Zip It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This company has one of the worst online reservations systems: tried to get help via their reservation/contact page. First no reply, contacted them via chat--email went to wrong address. Could have been me....but the suggested reservations did not cover any of the activities we requested. So, I made lodging/horse riding, etc. reservations at other locations on my own and then called their help desk for zipping and rafting--what can I say the recommendations on Trip Advisor said I needed to stick with this company for rafting/zipping. The person we talked to got us booked for one day of zip lining (Gravity and TimberTrek) and one day of rafting. We did the zip line yesterday and are getting ready for rafting today. The Gravity Zip Line was fun but not nearly as fast as we thought--I think its an issue of weight and needing more. My daughter stopped short on one line; I did on most lines....We have zipped before though we are definitely not experts. Gravity was fun but not heart-stopping like we had thought. I was very nervous in beginning expecting incredible speeds and then more nervous because I kept coming up short. Corey and Gypsy were our guides and were great!! Corey even had me go tandem on one line--finally some speed:) Views are breathtaking! Then a break for lunch and on to TimberTrek. This course is amazing and so much fun! You have to start easy, and it's confusing at first in clicking in and out, etc. but once you get the hang of that you're good to go. The courses are progressively more challenging. We made it through the mountaineer and then ran out of time and energy. The mountaineer definitely requires some strength and skill to figure out how to get across. My daughter made it through most of mountaineer then did the "escape" zip--she was just wore out. I made it through the mountaineer--highly recommend. Would do this over the gravity line any day. Would love to go back and finish the other courses. Note, the trekkers on the ground were helpful and encouraging. The girl who helped us suit up--not very help or enthusiastic about her job--our harnesses needed constant adjustment and helmets kept slipping. The guy who told us how to click in and out--rapid fire instructions and then gone---didn't even wait for us to finish the practice part. Really, I mean that is his job. One of the trekkers came over when I indicated I couldn't get unhooked. It's all about pushing low and listening for the click when trying to unlock. Would have been better with the gravity helmut--which stay on tight and harnesses that don't slip. Be aware of all the fees that get tacked on when making online reservations; you're better off calling.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great End of Summer trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband, 16 year old son & I booked a last minute white water trip at the end of the summer. While I would have preferrred to stay in one of the nicer cabins, (they were all booked), we stayed in the Sportsman cabin. It was fine, nothing fancy but adequate. The beds were comfortable and served its purpose. The white water rafting was great. We rafter for 2 days and had the opportunity to raft with Issacc. He was GREAT. He was intertaining and knowledgable. A good rafting experience depends on a great guide. I would definately recommend him as a guide.

Since this was a last minute trip, I didn't plan the meals. We took breakfast food, had lunch on the raft trip and ate out for dinner. I would NOT recommend Smokeys. The location was beautiful. The food was medicore, the cost was over priced and the service was very poor. Our waitress was annoyed she had to work. The next night we went to the bar above Smokeys. The food and atmosphere was much better. Food was good, prices not bad, and the service and atmosphere was fun. I would recommend the bar over Smokeys.

Visited August 2013