“New River smallmouth bass fishing”

Pro River Outfitters
Clarksville, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“New River smallmouth bass fishing”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My daughter and I recently had our first smallmouth bass fishing trip on the New River in West Virginia. It was with a raft fitted for fishing. Our fishing guide was very helpful and knew where the spots were to cast into. Plenty of snacks and various beverages were included on the 1/2 day trip. I am a wimp - I did not expect the rapids to be that big, in fact, I wasn't expecting any on the part of the river we were on, and felt insecure in a raft. I wasn't thrilled by the size of the fish, either. They were catch and release. Keep your life vest on and be prepared to get WET.

Visited September 2013

Shady Spring, West Virginia
“Want to catch a good time?”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I really knew nothing about fishing, and Bobby with pro River Outfitters took me on a 1/2 day float and fish trip on the New River. He taught me how to use a spinning rod, how to use different baits and how to tell Fish Tales !! We saw 2 bald eagles and a baby mink. My friend caught 8 fish all total but all I caught was 3 and a good time. A good time indeed !!! He is the greatest !!!